SplendoRest Avena advise

Could someone tell me if this is any good ?

This SplendoRest mattress from Carpenter Co. offers more support than traditional memory foam. This bedding offers 3-inches of newly engineered, hole-punched, premium support foam over 7-inches of high-density base foam.

â– Mattress measures 10 inches thick
â– Foam is resistant to dust mites and is naturally antimicrobial
â– Ventilation holes increase air circulation for cooler sleep
â– Mattress eliminates motion transfer and never needs turning
â– Materials: High performance foam top layer on urethane base foam
â– Density: 2.45 pounds per cubic foot, 10 pound I.F.D top layer on 1.80 pounds per cubic foot density, 30 lb I.F.D. base layer
â– Knitted ultra soft rayon microfiber cover that helps wick moisture included
â– Cover care instructions: Spot clean with damp cloth

I also would like to know in a memory foam mattress would these be good numbers ?

5lb memory foam high density polyurethane Base foam 2.2 Density with 33lb ILD

Hi David48,

A mattress is only as good as its construction and the quality of the materials inside it. To make any kind of meaningful assessment of a mattress in terms of quality or value you need to know the specs of all the layers in the mattress. All good retailers or manufacturers who know the importance of material quality will (or should) be able to provide these to you. If the can’t (or won’t which is the case with many manufacturers) … then I would pass the mattress by becuase you would be making a blind purchase and the risk of buying a mattress that used lower quality materials or had poor value would be much higher.

Fortunately, you were able to find out the details of this mattress which appears to have …

3" of 2.45 lb memory foam: very low quality/density for memory foam
7" oif 1.8 lb polyfoam as a support layer: Good (but not the best) quality and suitable for a base layer.

As you can see in the memory foam guidelines here … the top memory foam layer (which is the weak link of a mattress and will soften and break down the fastest) is very low quality (less than 4 lb density) and I personally wouldn’t consider it.

These are good numbers yes. The ILD is a comfort spec which has little meaning because comfort is subjective for each person but the density of both the memory foam and polyfoam indicate good quality materials (assuming that the foam is not “filled” and is either made in North America or is CertiPur certified). Regardless of it’s quality though … it would be important to make sure it was suitable for your specific needs and preferences in terms of PPP (Posture and alignment, Pressure relief, and Personal preferences) because no matter what the quality or value of a mattress … if it isn’t suitable for your needs and preferences then it would have little value to you.

Phoenix

Thank you Phoenix,

Under further investagation of these numbers

5lb memory foam high density polyurethane Base foam 2.2 Density with 33lb ILD

I am afraid they may not be accuate, as I have found negative links to this item. ( possible fillers, and not using standard guidelines for measurement )