Spoiled dog thread latex dog bed?

Can anyone recommend one ? I’ve seen a few online but who knows if they are any good. Any help is appreciated. Thx.

PS. Medium large dog around 70lbs

Hi fireberd350,

I also was surprised at he number of latex dog beds a google search turned up.

I have no idea what thickness or firmness may be best for any particular dog but the latex itself would be a good quality material and you can differentiate them in the same way as a latex mattress for humans. I would probably use a good waterproof cover of some type. Post #6 here has more information about the different types of latex but all of them are durable materials compared to other types of foam.

I doubt you would need more than around 3 or 4" of latex unless you really wanted to spoil the dog :slight_smile:

If any of the forum members have any experience with latex dog beds it would be great to hear some feedback.

Phoenix

Savvy Rest makes a dog bed. It can either be a solid or shredded latex .

I bought this one:
ADMIN NOTE:Removed 404 page link | Archived Footprint: olejostores.com/Natura_Natural_Latex_Pet_Bed-8894.aspx?gclid=CKGHl-7117oCFTPxOgodG1YA2g

It’s very substantial, heavy and thick… nice wool on top, I use an old cotton duck LLBEAN cover that is washable on top. My dog is 30 pounds, I have the medium and he does not sink into it very much. I was thinking that I might remove some of the shredded latex… maybe make another bed from the excess. He doesn’t complain though! :stuck_out_tongue:

Diane

I found it here a tad cheaper. My felines love our new latex bed so I think I will get them one of these. I am going to add a pet bed heater.
ADMIN NOTE:Removed 404 page link | Archived Footprint: Partner Feedback - Kaspien, Inc.

I bought several…dog beds and I can offer my experience. Those I bought are quality. The latex is durable and flexible. Also there are washable wool covers on top which make them even easier to clean. And they are avaible for dogs of 120lbs, like my golden retriever. This type is one with great matress inside. It is a better choice of bed for elderly dogs. It provides extra cushioning for the feeble joints. Also the shape is roomy, which makes this kind a good choice for your buddy to sprawl. I don’t even need to ask him to generate off my bed anymore; he Hopes to sleep on his own essentia bed. You may tell by touching it that this has become the most comfortable dog bed in the world. Will no longer nasty chemicals for my dogs. They eat pure clean food and sleep upon a pure clean mattress.

Hi darkrai,

I deleted the link in your previous post because it is against the forum rules and I consider it to be spam, as the post doesn’t have much to do with a thread that is three years old and the company you referenced is in another continent, nowhere near where the OP lives. Also, you post seems to be a bit of gibberish, making claims of what your dog wants and goes quite a bit off topic of what this forum is about.

Phoenix

PS, added later: I also deleted your other posts on various threads, as they provided no relevant information nor added any meaningful content to the topics. The information presented in one post, specifically, was inaccurate, misleading and incoherent, and an unknowing forum viewer could have come across your post and actually mistaken it for educated advice, while in actuality it was the antithesis of such. Our forum welcomes input from a wide variety of sources, but we can’t tolerate self-aggrandizement, self-promotion, or spam. Please abide by the rules of the forum or you’ll lose your posting privileges here.