spring or foam base?

Hi riverrunner1,

There are some comments about the Mallory in this topic. I don’t know all the specifics of the materials and components inside it (other than it appears to have 4" of Talalay latex on top of an innerspring with a polyfoam quilted cover) but there is enough information in the topic to know that there aren’t any lower quality materials or “weak links” in the design.

I don’t have any personal experience on the Mallory so I can’t make any meaningful comments about how it would feel to me compared to another mattress that I also haven’t tried in person much less how it would feel or compare for someone else that may have a very different experience on the same mattresses because these types of comparisons are very subjective and different people will have different opinions about how two mattresses compare to each other based on differences in their body type, sleeping positions, preferences, and individual sensitivities.

There is more about the different ways that one mattress can “match” another one in post #9 here but when you can’t test two mattresses in person to compare them based on your own personal experience then the most reliable source of guidance is always a more detailed phone conversation with a knowledgeable and experienced retailer or manufacturer that has your best interests at heart and who can help “talk you through” the specifics of their mattresses and the options they have available that may be the best “match” for you based on the information you provide them, any local testing you have done or mattresses you have slept on and liked that they are familiar with, and the “averages” of other customers that are similar to you. They will know more about “matching” their specific mattress designs to different body types, sleeping positions, and preferences (or to other mattresses that they are familiar with) than anyone else.

Phoenix