Springs + Dunlop Latex OR Dunlop Latex + Dunlop Latex?

After 2+ weeks of research, I’ve narrowed it down to Sleep On Latex’s Pure Green Mattress and My Green Mattress’ Natural Escape for my 3 year old son. What characteristics and differences can I expect from MGM’s innerspring base vs SOL’s dunlop latex base? They both seem like solid choices and I am having the hardest time deciding between the two. Thanks for any responses.

Hi imagerockone,

Welcome to the Mattress Forum! :slight_smile:

There are some general differences between a latex support core and an innerspring support core in this post here. Both would be a good choice for a support core for a growing child.

Both of the items you are considering use good quality materials and would be appropriate for a child. There are some general guidelines for children in post #2 here. A “medium” to “medium-firm” comfort level is generally recommended for children of that age group. The choice would come down to your own personal preferences and personal value equation.

Both Sleep on Latex and My Green Mattress are members of this site which means that I think very highly of them and that I believe that they compete well with the best in the industry in terms of their quality, value, service, knowledge, and transparency. They are extremely knowledgeable about latex and different configurations, and I would not hesitate to recommend them for your consideration for a mattress for your child. If you do decide to purchase from one of these site members, be sure to avail yourself of your TMU discount code of MAYUNDR for My Green Mattress.

Because Sleep On Latex protects itself against the code harvesters you can request the code in a Private Message or email. Alternatively you can always place your order over the phone (312.487.2865) and mention that you are a member of The Mattress Underground to receive your discount.

If you have more specific questions, I’ll do my best to be assistive.

Phoenix

Thanks for your response. I contacted SOL and posed the same question to the rep. He said that an innerspring base would have gaps on pressure points, whereas a latex base wouldn’t exhibit that issue. I thought about it for a minute and decided to order the 9" Pure Green mattress from them. I ordered the medium support option as my son loves my plush mattress. Thanks again.

Hi imagerockone,

While a latex core will be more point elastic and have the ability to contour in a more “fine” manner, all of the layers of a mattress work together, and the layers closest to your skin will have the most dramatic impact upon comfort and contouring, and while an all-latex mattress might have the ability to contour more than one using a pocketed spring support core, I don’t know that I would classify that difference as “gaps” as described to you.

Congratulations on your new mattress purchase for your son! I hope that everything works out well.

Phoenix