Springwall® Natural Luxury Blissful King Mattress

Thank you for this forum! My wife and I are considering this mattress that is currently on sale at Costco Canada. I am curious if anyone else has slept on this mattress and your feedback.

costco.ca/Springwall%C2%AE-Natural-Luxury-Blissful-King-Mattress.product.100247022.html
ADMIN NOTE:Removed 404 page link | Archived Footprint: costco.ca/Springwall%C2%AE-Natural-Luxury-Blissful-King-Mattress.product.100247022.html

Any comments about the makeup of this mattress and the materials used in its construction would be appreciated.

Hi kryton619,

While other people’s comments about the knowledge and service of a particular business can certainly be very helpful … I would also keep in mind that you are the only one that can feel what you feel on a mattress and I would be cautious about about using other people’s experiences or reviews on a mattress (either positive or negative) or review sites in general as a reliable source of information or guidance about how you will feel on the same mattress or how suitable or how durable a mattress may be for you and in many if not most cases they can be more misleading than helpful. A mattress that would be a perfect choice for one person or even a larger group of people may be completely unsuitable for someone else to sleep on (even if they are in a similar weight range). In other words … reviews in general won’t tell you much if anything about the suitability, quality, durability, or “value” of a mattress for any particular person (see post #13 here).

When you are making an online purchase the only way to know whether any mattress will be a good “match” for you in terms of “comfort”, firmness, and PPP (Posture and alignment, Pressure relief, and your own personal preferences) will be based on your own personal experience when you sleep on it.

There is more about the 3 most important parts of the “value” of a mattress purchase in post #13 here which can help you make more meaningful quality/value comparisons between mattresses in terms of suitability (how well you will sleep), durability (how long you will sleep well), and the overall value of a mattress compared to your other finalists based on suitability, durability, and all the other parts of your personal value equation that are most important to you (including the price of course and the options you have available after a purchase if your choice doesn’t turn out as well as you hoped for).

While I can’t speak to how any specific mattress will “feel” for someone else because this is too subjective and relative to different body types, sleeping positions, and individual preferences, sensitivities, and circumstances and you are the only one that can feel what you feel on a mattress … outside of PPP the most important part of the value of a mattress purchase is durability which is all about how long you will sleep well on a mattress. This is the part of your research that you can’t see or “feel” and assessing the durability and useful life of a mattress depends on knowing the specifics of its construction and the type and quality of the materials inside it regardless of the name of the manufacturer on the label (or how a mattress feels in a showroom or when it is relatively new) so I would always make sure that you find out information listed here so you can compare the materials and components to the quality/durability guidelines here to make sure there are no lower quality materials or weak links in a mattress that would be a cause for concern relative to the durability and useful life of a mattress before making any purchase.

The Costco listing doesn’t provide all the information I would need to make any meaningful comments about the quality and durability of the materials in the mattress or the mattress “as a whole” but Springwall has told me that they would be happy to provide the specs of the materials and components in their mattresses to consumers that ask (see post #4 here). If you are comfortable with some additional legwork (Costco probably won’t know) then you can call them and find out the information you would need to know and if you post it on the forum I’d be happy to let you know if there are any lower quality materials or weak links in the mattress that would be a cause for concern.

Costco does provide some information but the additional information I would need to know that you can ask them about each of the layers includes …

5.08 cm (2 in.) NgLatex®: I would want to know the type and blend of latex in this layer (it would be either Talalay or Dunlop and would be either 100% natural or a blend of synthetic and natural rubber). This would be a good quality material.

5.08 cm (2 in.) Convergence® latex foam: It’s not clear to me whether this is a latex layer or if it’s a polyfoam layer that is designed to have some of the properties or either latex or memory foam so I would want to know the type of material in this layer (latex or polyfoam). If it’s latex then then could be a slow response latex (which has a very low resilience and a slow response like memory foam … unlike most other latex which is a high resilience and “springy” material). If it’s latex but not a slow response latex then I would want to know the type and blend of the latex. If it’s any type or blend of latex then it would be a good quality material. If it’s a high performance polyfoam that is designed to have some of the properties of memory foam or latex then I would want to know the density of the polyfoam.

17.8 cm (7 in.) firm bio foam zoned core: This is a polyfoam support core and I would want to know the density of the foam.

Phoenix

Hi Phoenix…that you for your response.

The “NG” Latex is a Talalay blend

The "Convergence Latex Foam is a Talalay blend

With respect to the support layer, Springwall told me that unfortunately the density is proprietary, however, they would say that it is high density or they wouldn’t be able to roll the mattress for shipping.

Do you see a weak link with respect to any of these layers?

Hi kryton619,

Both of the top two layers are good quality and durable materials but unfortunately I can’t make any comments about the durability or useful life of a mattress or whether there are any weak links in the mattress “as a whole” or make any meaningful comparisons with other mattresses you are considering without knowing the density of the support core as well.

As I mentioned Springwall told me in the past that they would provide this information to their customers and it’s disappointing to see that they aren’t providing this any longer.

Having said that … I called their general manager to confirm whether they were no longer providing this information to consumers (manufacturers will often provide information to their retailers through their reps that they won’t provide directly to consumers) and he said this was correct but after a longer conversation he was able to confirm that the density of the base layer was at least 1.8 lb density (less than this could create durability issues with roll packing a mattress) so if you are in more average weight ranges (lower 200’s or less) and the polyfoam base layer is 1.8 lb density or higher (I would suggest 2 lb density or higher if you are in higher weight ranges) then there would be no lower quality materials or weak links that would be a cause for concern.

Costco has a great return policy so you can test the mattress in your bedroom instead of a showroom to find out whether it will be a good “match” for you in terms of PPP with little risk (outside of the time you spend sleeping on it and/or returning it if it doesn’t turn out to be as suitable for you to sleep on as you hoped for) so if it compares well to any other finalists you are considering (either locally or online) in terms of the quality and durability of the materials and all the other parts of your personal value equation that are important to you (including the price of course) then it would certainly be worth considering.

Phoenix

Thank you Phoenix!!

After sleeping on it, I decided that I wanted to lie on a mattress prior to purchasing, even though Costco has a good return policy. Decided to give TonFurniture a call. Andy suggested that I drive over and have a lie down on various mattresses.

We worked out what I considered a fair deal. and ended up purchasing the Dreamstar Natural Escape Firm. mattress. They currently don’t have any in stock so they are going to make it on Monday morning and deliver it on Monday afternoon.

The support layer of this mattress is 6 inches of 1.8 lb foam. I have the option of increasing this to 2.0 or 2.2 lb density foam. I am 6’ 3" and 250 lbs…should I choose one of these options to increase the lifespan of the mattress?

Hi kryton619,

If I was in your shoes and your weight range then I would choose a higher density base foam yes (the guidelines suggest a minimum of 2 lbs in your weight range) so that risk of any foam softening or sagging in the deeper layers over the longer term would be lower.

You are certainly making a good quality/value choice … and congratulations on your new mattress :slight_smile:

I’m looking forward to your comments and feedback once you’ve received it and have had the chance to sleep on it for a bit.

Phoenix

Thanks Phoenix.