Stearns and Foster Latex Core Mattress

My husband I were about to purchase a Serta Perfect Sleeper at Macy’s last night-a good price on sale, when we tried the Stearns and Foster bed nearby. The salesman at first did not even realize it was latex and told me that as we continued to discuss. I had heard of latex and was interested in the “green” properties. My impression from reading around is that the latex in the Stearns and Foster is not the natural type. I am going to try and call the company tomorrow to see if I can get this info, but I doubt it is natural. It costs $3500 on sale-while the Perfect Sleeper is $1400 on sale. So I lean towards the affordable bed. But…if it is going to be a better sleep and last a long time…I’m not sure what to do. The bed felt really really comfortable in the showcase. My question is if there are any members here that have tried or bought that bed or if you have seen a review of this bed. I have not been able to find a review-just of Stearns and Fosters other types of beds. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I can’t answer your exact question, but I can tell you that you could purchase a bed that’s really natural latex for close to the price of the Perfect Sleeper, and I suspect it would last quite a bit longer.

Thanks for your response. I looked on the relax the back website, but I am not sure they sell latex beds (someone on this site had mentioned it). I would love to try out a latex bed. I don’t feel comfortable purchasing on Internet-ESP since they are not returnable. I live in Atlanta. Any ideas? Any chains that might carry natural latex?

Hi k-la,

Relax The Back doesn’t sell any latex mattresses as far as I know (and as you mentioned none are listed on their site). It’s possible the post you read was referring to Healthy Back which carries a line of Talalay latex mattresses.

Some of the better options in and around the Atlanta area I’m aware of including quite a few that make or sell latex mattresses are listed in post #2 here.

Hopefully you’ve also read post #1 here which has all the basic information, steps, and guidelines that can help you make the best possible choices … and hopefully keep you from walking through the front door of any of the chain stores :slight_smile:

Phoenix