Stearns and Foster Replacement - Can anyone Help????

Hi Phoenix

The 2" is Tallalay and it seems close to the 3" in density. It is probably 6 years old by now - how time flies. I will probably ditch the 4’ wal mart foam and try another type on top? It just is so hard without the foam in hand to know what to do.

The other factor is that I want to get my mattress off the floor eventually as I live in the country and a bug may eat me alive. So I am considering a slotted foundation and wonder what this will make things feel like after.

Hi stack,

[quote]The 2" is Tallalay and it seems close to the 3" in density. It is probably 6 years old by now - how time flies. I will probably ditch the 4’ wal mart foam and try another type on top? It just is so hard without the foam in hand to know what to do.

The other factor is that I want to get my mattress off the floor eventually as I live in the country and a bug may eat me alive. So I am considering a slotted foundation and wonder what this will make things feel like after.[/quote]

If you are using non flexing rigid slats and they are at least 3" apart (preferably less) then a foundation would feel the same as having the mattress on the floor because neither of them would flex under the mattress.

If your 2" layer is softer than the 32 ILD then I would use it over the 32 ILD Talalay and I would be cautious with how much more soft layers you add on top. I would probably try sleeping just on the 2 Talalay layers by themselves and then add a topper using your experience on the two layers in combination with the guidelines in post #8 here as a reference point.

Phoenix

Thanks Phoenix!