sterling mattress co.

I am looking at two innerspring mattresses from the Sterling Mattress Co. (which I learned about from here). The first one is the Royal Comfort firm. It has 1536 coil fabric wrapped quantum, 1.8 density foam topper and 1 1/2"quilted top. The other one is the Regal Majestic plush extra firm. It has 368-6 turn 12.5 guage springs, 2.2 lb. Sterling high resiliance cushioning, 1.8 density foam topper and 1 1/2"quilted top. Is one type of springs better than the other and would the 2.2 lb cushioning be a weak spot and maybe not hold up as long as the one without? We tried both of them out and think we would be happy with either one. I’m just wondering if one would possibly last longer. Thanks .

Hi caw,

No … an innerspring is just one part of the materials and design or a mattress and one isn’t necessarily better than another. They can be very different from each other though and some are more costly than others so it really depends on the feel and performance of the mattress design as a whole and which one is the best “match” for you in terms of PPP. You can read more about different types of innersprings in this article and in post #10 here.

2.2 lb polyfoam is a high quality material and wouldn’t be a weak link in the mattress. The 1.8 lb polyfoam in the first mattress you mentioned is on the bottom end of the high quality polyfoam range and also wouldn’t be a weak link even though it’s a little lower density than the 2.2 lb polyfoam.

Phoenix