Store suggestions in zip 21703

Hi redbird,

Thanks for the pictures :slight_smile:

I think that most people would agree with you that assembling or rearranging layers is certainly much easier as a two person job!

Phoenix

Still loving the new mattress, although I’ve had some physical issues that haven’t let me gauge everything completely. I slept very awkwardly holding my daughter as I fell asleep one night and had one of those kink in your neck next couple of days. Then we had an ice storm here and I fell on the ice and hurt my hip and back!

Overall, through all the injuries, it has been very comfortable and my neck and shoulders are definitely not hurting as bad when I get up in the morning. I started using the solid latex pillow a couple of days ago instead of my stomach sleeper pillow, since I have found that I am sleeping mostly on my side now instead of my stomach. My neck has definitely felt better using that because of more support where my neck and shoulders meet.

I’ve slept on the other side of the bed that’s medium, firm, soft and I can tell a slight difference in the firmness, but haven’t slept on it enough to really tell if it’s better for me or not. I am happy sleeping on the firm, medium, soft so far.

Every night, I look forward to getting in my bed and have that “Ahh” feeling when I lay down!

Hi redbird,

Sorry to hear about your mishaps and I hope that you are back to normal quickly.

Thanks for taking the time to share another update :slight_smile:

Phoenix

Thanks Phoenix! I think I am healed up now from my fall. My lower back started hurting badly for a couple days and I couldn’t tell if it was from falling, sleeping on a hotel bed, or the new mattress (or a combination, or my overall bad posture!). It has started to go away, but I was wondering if my hips were sinking in too much into the mattress. I haven’t done a spinal alignment or anything - it’s just going to take longer than I expected to determine if I need to switch layers or not.

At this point, I don’t think so because I am not in almost constant pain from my shoulders like I was before, which is so relieving! I have still been sleeping on my side and not my stomach as well - and still am waking up feeling like I got so much better of a night’s sleep than before.

My husband has been out of town for work and only sleeps on the bed maybe once a week. He said he feels like he is going to roll off the edge sometimes though because of less edge support than a traditional mattress. Although he wanted to switch his side back to FMS from MFS - don’t think that really has anything to do with edge support though.

Hi redbird,

The only way to know whether any part of your body is sinking in too far or not enough is based on any “symptoms” you experience when you sleep on a mattress. I would tend to wait until your experience has stabilized before making any changes to your mattress and if your lower back suddenly starts to hurt for a couple of days and this wasn’t happening previously and it has started to go away then it would most likely be from “other reasons” than your mattress.

Most latex mattresses don’t have (or need) edge support because latex is such a supportive material (see post #3 here) but for those that sleep with more of their weight on the very outside edge of a mattress or that are in higher weight ranges then firmer support layers or configurations under the softer top layer can reduce the feeling of “roll of” on the side of the mattress (and/or the feeling of “roll together” in the middle).

For most people though it’s more a matter of getting used to the “feel” of a different type of mattress.

Phoenix