Stores in Madison WI?

Hi,
New here. Sleeping on an old futon with 3" memory foam topper. The memory foam topper is about 10 years old (futon is even older, I know). I’m 5’4" 125 lbs, having pressure pain in shoulders and hips. He’s 5’10, 180 lbs, not complaining. Both side sleepers. Because I’m cautious, I was thinking of going with a new topper before getting a new mattress.

Visited a Savvy Rest store out-of-state. I don’t like the springy responsiveness of talalay and preferred the dunlop, but I didn’t like their toppers (also, are they ever expensive for a topper). They suggested the Serenity, all dunlop, starting with firm, then soft and soft.

I’d like to visit some more stores and get a sense of feel before purchasing anything. I know there’s a Savvy Rest store in Madison, WI, any other recommendations?

The memory foam topper didn’t really do much for me. I’ve also used a featherbed in the past (ultimately destroyed by pets) which was comfy. I’m leaning towards a 3" soft dunlop topper, mostly because I really do not like the talalay springiness. Torn between getting relief soon and not wanting to spend a lot of money for what may disappoint. I know toppers usually aren’t returnable.

Thanks!

Hi Bouven,

If there is no sagging or soft spots in your mattress and the only issue is that it is too firm and you need additional pressure relief then a topper can be a good choice but if your mattress isn’t in good condition or has soft spots or sagging then a topper would likely only be a partial or temporary solution at best. There is more about choosing a topper in post #2 here and the topper guidelines it links to.

Some of the better options and possibilities I’m aware of in the Madison, WI area are listed in post #5 here.

Phoenix