Student on a $500 dollar budget

Hi RedDirt,

Restava is one of the newest members of the site which means that I believe that they compete well with the best in the industry in terms of quality, value, and service.

The Restava Monaco has a similar “feel” to the Tempurpedic Contour Select so I would make sure that you have done some good local testing on the Contour Select to make sure that it’s suitable for your specific needs and preferences in terms of PPP. I would also make sure that you talk with them in more detail about this specific mattress as well to confirm that it would be the most suitable choice based on the “averages” of their customers because the Monaco is one of two mattresses they offer that are not returnable or refundable and if the mattress isn’t a suitable design for your body type, sleeping style, and preferences then it would have little value to you no matter what it’s quality or the material value of the mattress.

NOTE ADDED: Restava is no longer a member here since a redesign of their mattresses and they may no longer be fully transparent about the materials in their mattresses … see this topic.

This would probably be a suitable low budget foundation / frame choice for a memory foam mattress which had a firmer layer of polyfoam in the bottom layer even though the gaps in the wire grid surface are a little wider than more premium models of the same type of foundation and could allow for more foam sagging into the gaps between the wires than a foundation with a more evenly supportive surface. It would also be a very good idea to check with them to make sure that the foundation meets the terms of their warranty which says …

… and this is a wire grid type of foundation and isn’t the type that they specify in the warranty.

Phoenix