Suggestions on where to buy in NYC (Queens - 11106)

I just figured out my current garbage mattress is killing my back and knee. I don’t think i have long (it may kill me). It was a $299 special serta plush mattress from a couple of years ago from sleepys. I have it on top of a metal platform - like the kind from amazon. I put a 1/8 (asked for 1/4) inch pywood on it cause the frame is not really that supportive. Anyway, it is killing my back as the mattress has lost its cushion and I think my setup in general is bad.

Tried a cheap mattress from local stores - they were terrible. Ordered a hamptom and roades mattress from mattress firm, their house brand - a plush $400 mattress, and it was a joke. It was quicksand no support, returned

Was considering saavta, read thread here and not going to do it.
I read some of what to look for with a mattress.
I’m looking for a twin plush/medium firm mattress (not a hard mattress). I can spend up to $600-$700. Maybe more if I get boxspring. Ideally I would like if it could last for 2 years or so. I would like something that won’t kill me.
Is there anywhere in NYC/queens i could get something?
Hopefully they can deliver to 3rd floor apartment and setup. Thanks.

Hi Tom67,

Welcome to the Mattress Forum! :slight_smile:

I’m sorry your past few mattresses haven’t held up very well for you, but as you’ve been doing some reading on the forum you now realize that they didn’t contain very durable materials. Hopefully you can address that with your next mattress with the information you’ve gathered here!:cheer:

first confirming that any retailer or manufacturer on the list that you wish to visit is completely transparent (see this article ) and to making sure that any mattress you are considering meets your specific criteria and the quality/value guidelines here … the better options or possibilities I’m aware of in and around the New York City region are listed in post #2 here .

Phoenix

Thank you Phoenix. I’m going to look through that. I’m hoping one of them can do white glove delivery.

Hi Tom67,

I’m sure you’ll have some luck with that large of a list.:slight_smile:

Phoenix