Swiss Dream Bed

Hi lauraj,

Welcome to the Mattress Forum! :slight_smile:

While the site rules don’t normally allow linking to web sites of non-site members, you’re bringing up a new product, which I appreciate, so it is something a person may be curious about.

You can see some thoughts about flexible slat systems in general post #2 here and the posts it links to. Because a flexible slat system is an “active” part of a sleeping system (just like any other layer or component either in, under, or over a mattress that flexes or compresses when you sleep on it), the only reliable way to know whether a flexible slat system in combination with a flexible slat system would be an improvement or not in terms of PPP compared to a non flexing support system under the same mattress would be based on your own actual experience when you test them in a store or sleep on them in person and compare both types of support systems under the same mattress. Again, for some people the effect could be neutral, for some people it could be an improvement, and for some it could be detrimental.

On top of the slat network is 100% Natural Talalay latex. The latex is covered by a zippered cotton encasement. There are three layers laminated together – firm, medium and plush. You can flip the mattress over for a different feel. The layers appear to be 2" each [EDIT: Per lauraj, the total mattress is 4" thick, which I believe would then result in 1" of plush Talalay on the top, 2" of the medium Talalay in the center, and 1" of the firm Talalay on the bottom]. I believe the latex is from Radium. They list the latex as organic, but to be clear there is no GOLS certified Talalay latex. On top of this is placed a quilted topper with wool and covered in cotton. The system uses good quality materials. There is no pricing listed on their web site.

Have you tried the soft side or the firm side? Did you purchase the complete system with the foundation? How long have you had the mattress?

How long of a trial period did you pick? Can you tell us how much you paid for the system?

Phoenix