synthetic latex for allergies

I’m highly allergic to latex, so I need 100% synthetic. Does anyone know where I can get synthetic toppers and mattresses/cores?

thanks!

Hi maverick3934,

There is more about the different types of latex allergies in post #2 here.

If you are one of the unfortunate but thankfully very rare few that has a type I latex allergy (and probably need to carry an epipen) then I would avoid all latex completely because even synthetic latex can have a small amount of natural latex in the formulation and any exposure to latex can be harmful or even dangerous.

If you have the more common type IV allergy or irritant contact dermatitis then this type of allergy isn’t generally an issue with mattresses because latex foam is different from the types of dipped latex that normally causes an allergy issue and there is no contact with the latex in a mattress.

If you do decide on “mostly synthetic” latex then Spindle Mattress sells mostly synthetic latex toppers made by Mountaintop foam (NOTE ADDED: they now only sell the 100% natural) and the Tri-Comfort mattress made by Brooklyn Bedding here also uses the same mostly synthetic continuous pour Dunlop latex. Nest Bedding also sells them but they are a fair bit more costly.

There may also be others that I’m not aware of.

Phoenix