Synthetic & latex mix in "100% talalay latex" toppers....where's the beef?

Hi Abraxus,

Wow … what a difference 40 days can make when you compare your comments here and here before the purchase and your thoughts and experience 40 days later.

This is especially ironic when he is one of the manufacturers that I tend to think and speak highly of (such as in my comments here and here) and the site he is now “complaining” about was supporting his efforts and “directing” customers in his direction.

This is the part that I’m most interested in knowing more specifics. If the body impressions were slight and part of the normal break in of the materials in your mattress, then it wouldn’t affect your comfort or support and wouldn’t have been a reason for a refund. If there were comfort or support issues then they could have been corrected with an adjustment to the mattress (as he indicated he would do). If on the other hand the materials were defective and the impressions were a clear sign of failure (which would be rare but can happen on occasion) … then most manufacturers would change out the defective layer.

What I’m not clear about is whether the impressions were inside a normal range or were a sign of a defective material in the mattress.

Either way … he would have been well within the terms of your purchase agreement with refusing a refund and making a comfort adjustment (if the issue was comfort or support) or replacing a defective layer.

How deep were the impressions and what did he say about them when you brought them up?

Either way … his comments afterwards when you first talked to him about your issues or the email that you received afterwards seem to be over the top although I can also understand that he would be upset if a customer “demanded a refund” if the impressions were inside a normal range and when your purchase agreement only included the option to replace any defective materials or make a comfort adjustment and didn’t include the option for a refund.

Phoenix