T&N vs BB

Hello I am posting to get some feedback on my mattress decision.

I have narrowed my choices to Tuft and Needle, and Brooklyn Bedding. I want a Cal King because I am over 6 ft and share the bed with my wife.

I have read the tutorials and material descriptions. I am very price conscious, which is why I am mainly looking at direct from manufacturer online outlets. Unfortunately this make testing difficult.

My issue is that I have very little experience with non-innerspring mattresses. I have never knowingly slept on either polyfoam or latex. I do know that I dislike the “memory foam” that leaves a handprint and really wraps around you when you’re on it. This is from sitting on a friends bed.

I saw the distinction of a sleeping IN versus ON the mattress. I prefer to feel like I am ON the mattress, but not too firm. More in the middle.

I also prefer that the mattress doesn’t get too warm and my wife can be sensitive to off-gassing smells.

These preferences are pushing me towards Brooklyn Beddings medium firmness option, but the frugal part of me would like to save $100 and try the Tuft and Needle.

Does anyone have any opinions? Particularly are the latex comfort layers worth the extra money in contrast to T&N’s poly?

Other feedback is also welcome. Thanks.

Hi King Tuft,

There are some comments about both of them along with some of the other “one choice fits all” mattresses in post #3 here that may be helpful.

Phoenix