Taking plunge - Dreamfoam Ultimate Dreams Supreme

After about 4-5hrs research, I’m going to go ahead and buy a Ultimate Dreams Supreme 12" mattress sight unseen.

A quick chat with Chuck indicated that the Supreme may be the safest choice for my situation. I’m a 190lb 6’ side/back sleeper with a petite but, ahem… hippy wife. She is a side/stomach sleeper, so we really are all over the map and need a versatile choice. We’ve tested a few Tempur-Pedics but I really can’t remember which and we bailed once the inevitable hard sell started.

We always seem to sleep well in hotels, which I thought meant firmer, but it might just be the high-quality mattresses without any sag. I’m told that hotels often use a happy medium in firmness. No matter, our inner-spring king is 9yrs old and killing us slowly, so the cold, hard earth might even be an improvement at this point.

I also have some shoulder pain that makes my side sleeping pretty unpleasant, although it’s my preferred position to doze in. I also snore a bit, and while I’m not very hopeful that any mattress will cure me, it really couldn’t hurt.

While I nearly opted for the Aria (firmer), our side-sleeping preferences and my shoulders and her hips seem to suggest that the plusher Supreme was the better choice. So, wish me luck. I’ll check in to update when the verdict is in. Thanks

Hi jonesenberg,

As you probably know from your reading here you certainly made a great quality/value choice … and congratulations on your new mattress :slight_smile:

Based on the “averages” your choice was probably more suitable than the firmer Aria and I’m looking forward to your comments and feedback once you’ve received it and have had the chance to sleep on it for a bit.

It would also be a more durable choice than most of the hotel mattresses you have probably slept on as well (see post #3 here about hotel mattresses).

Phoenix