Talalay toppers

When a topper is labeled in a range 14-19, 22-29, what does this mean compared to some that are labeled 19, or 30-32? I know that 14-19 is considered soft, but I don’t know why some are listed as a range and others just one number.

Also, do you know anything about the products from Ultimatesleep.com?

Thank you.

Hi Ginger,

Latex always comes in a range of ILD’s and not a specific ILD so when you order a topper or an individual layer it could be anywhere inside the ILD range for that particular firmness and material. The ILD can also vary across the surface of the material. Many retailers or manufacturers just list the nominal ILD in the middle of the range or the “rated” ILD in the case of some types of latex for the sake of simplicity. The ILD range for Dunlop is typically larger for each firmness level than the range for Talalay. There is more about ILD ranges in post #6 here.

I’m not sure which of their toppers you are looking at but if it’s the Talalay toppers then you can see some comments this topic and I would be very cautious and skeptical here because I don’t believe that they aren’t selling Talalay latex in spite of what they claim on their website.

Phoenix