Tampa Bay Area Mattress store?

We made a poor purchase years ago and our backs pay for it today. Macys outlet, i know… i know that “world class” yeah not so much a world class bed today. After looking at the “BLACK” and even considering putting upwards 2k into a mattress, i’ve decided maybe there is something out there i am not aware of, and i stumbled across this website.

Would anyone have any recommendations for a tampa area company? We are closer to spring hill/brooksville than tampa, but tampa is a 40 min ride on the express way away…

Thanks in advance!

Hi willwill,

The better options and possibilities I’m aware of in the Tampa Area are listed in post #143 here.

A quick look more locally only showed one place I would visit depending on what you are looking for.

http://www.dontcountsheep.com/Home_Page.html Spring Hill, FL. The brands they carry I would consider as a possibility are Nature’s Rest, Easy Rest, and Classic Brands. They told me they would gladly provide all the specs of all of these that they carry.

Phoenix

Thanks for the information, i’ll pour over it and get to some researching!

We browsed today and really liked the EasyRest brand’s. I am not sure what models he had etc… But he was very informative on the products, so much so i do not even remember lol… All i knew was the most expensive one was 1699, and he’d sell for $1399 but we were really interest in " twin longs" because we want to go the adjustable route, he offered 3k out the door/delivered etc… w/free stuff for wireless 2 sided bed operations etc… The easyrest he had are not named like they are on the easyrest website. The one that he had was the 5.3lb foam which we liked. But, i don’t remember many other stats on it. I guess i need to do some googling.

I think… it’s the 12 inch with gel on top.

lakecityclearance.com/easy_rest_memory_foam

If it’s 12 inch, and it’s same as that one, his price wasn’t horrible.Just not sure about the whole " twin longs" that go together Might be 10inch, we aren’t for sure. I’ll have to check tomorrow.

Hi willwill,

Easy Rest makes some good quality mattresses with good value (depending on the prices at the store that is selling them) and while they are a Chinese manufacturer … they are also CertiPur certified just like most North American foams.

Regardless of the manufacturer though … it’s always important to make sure you know the details of all the layers in your mattress (the thickness and type of material in each layer) so you can make meaningful quality and value comparisons. If you call the retailer they should be able to provide this to you (either from the information they already have or with a phone call to Easy Rest) and it’s certainly not the customer’s job to have to find this out on their own.

I would also compare the cost of a mattress to other mattresses and the cost of an adjustable bed to other adjustable beds so you can make better comparisons with each one individually. The adjustable bed thread here has information that would be helpful including a few of the merchants that I use for “value comparisons” for adjustable beds.

Phoenix

So i went with the easy rest 12 inch. Supposedly top 2 inches are 7lb , middle is 5.3 and of course the base is HD i suppose. I asked Mike what the stats were on the mattresses, and he just gave me inches/numbers on the top 2 layers,I don’t believe he knew the bottom layer stats. I assume easyrest only does HR as i have never seen any of theirs anywhere else not have HR base,And this is supposedly the “luxury” we went with 2 TWIN XL’S and 2 Twin XL’ “RISE” adjustable bases. With wireless remotes. 2879 delivered/setup. Hopefully it’ll be worth it. Time will tell. I am going to contact easyrest tomorrow and see if they can give me some more information on the mattress

We were torn between this one and the 14 inch… (top layers on both are gel comfort) which has 3 inches of 5.3 on top, where is the one we chose has 2 inches but 7lb instead. Mike says Easyrest specifically makes this for them and it’s not available anywhere else, not sure how true that is, i guess easyrest will tell me tomorrow. But Mike was very helpful but i trust him.

Hi willwill,

EasyRest typically uses good quality polyoam in the base layers but I don’t know the specific density (they would likely tell you). It would likely be HD polyfoam not HR (which really wouldn’t be necessary in a base layer under memory foam).

If your specs are correct (and you didn’t mention the thickness of the middle memory foam layer) then it seems to me you certainly did well fro a split king mattress and adjustable base.

I’d be interested in hearing what Easy Rest says and I would also make sure they are an authorized dealer for them and that they have the factory warranty (they mentioned closeouts and overstocks on their webpage which can sometimes mean comfort exchanges or returns).

Congratulations on your new mattress and adjustable :slight_smile:

Phoenix

I called today, and easy rest tells me they don’t make a 7 pound gel comfort… She wants me to verify the tag when it comes for delivery. I gave her the name of the place and she looked it up, and just said interesting. Didn’t say anything else, i gave her my name and well we’ll just wait for now, if they don’t make a 12 inch and i was offered the 14inch for the same price, almost seems smarter to get the 14inch since it has 3 inches of gel instead of 2

Hi willwill,

This was my concern as well because I have come across several places that sell Easy-Rest that listed specs or materials that Easy-Rest told me they didn’t make. Not only don’t they make any 7 lb gel memory foam but they don’t make any 7 lb regular memory foam either.

You could also go into the store and write down the information on the Law Tag rather than waiting for delivery.

I should also note that Easy-Rest doesn’t show any authorized dealers in Indiana on their website (although this could be out of date and they also have a distributor in Illinois that could be supplying them).

I probably would ask the retailer for their comments before taking delivery to see what they have to say (and verify any of the information they provide with Easy-Rest) and proceed with caution.

Phoenix

I contacted easy rest about the 14 inch. i was told that it had 3inches of gel infused foam (from retailer), deshon(from easyrest) emailed me that it only has 2. So if i hear back that the 12 inch only has 1 inch of gel infused foam, i’ll switch the 14 inch. I will ask them about the 7lb foam tomorrow. they are closed today, even though i did get a voicemail from them today. I am waiting for more information from Easy rest before i proceed with any questioning of the company. After all i already paid for this item, last thing i want to do is piss them off.

Hi willwill,

I would also make sure that they are authorized dealers for Easy-Rest (they told me that they would check with their Illinois distributor if they weren’t in their own records).

Phoenix

I got another email back from easyrest.
this is the 12 inch… would you still consider this satisfactory?

"Gel Comfort

12"

• 2" Top Layer of Soft Gel-Infused 3.2

Density Cooling Memory Foam

• 3" of 5.3 Density Open Cell Memory Foam

• 7" of 2.0 HR Foam Base

• Zip Off Washable Cover has Anti-Microbial

& Anti Dust Mite Protection

• Non-Slip Bottom

• Open Cell Soft Memory Foam"

Gel Max

14"

• 2" Top Layer of Soft Gel-Infused 3.2

Density Cooling Memory Foam

• 3" of 4 LB Density Open Cell Memory Foam

• 9" of 2.0 HR Foam Base

• Zip Off Washable Cover has Anti-Microbial

& Anti Dust Mite Protection

• Non-Slip Bottom

• Open Cell Soft Memory Foam

• 10 Year Non Pro-Rated Full Replacement

Warranty

Hi willwill,

Both of these are very different from the 7 lb memory foam you were originally led to believe and the density of the top layer has gone from high quality/density (7 lb) to low quality/density (3.2 lb).

You can see the memory foam guidelines I go by here. I would be cautious having 2" of 3 lb memory foam in a mattress and tend to avoid a mattress that has more than around an inch or so of lower quality materials in the top layers unless there is a compelling reason that would make the durability tradeoff worthwhile for you (such as a very low price that is much lower than other mattresses that are available to you and makes the durability tradeoff worthwhile for you). It’s not “horrible” with only 2" but it is also more than I would normally prefer to see.

This would also depend on your body type and sleeping style (higher weights need higher density more durable materials).

The rest of the materials are mid quality (4 lb memory foam) to good quality (5 lb memory foam and 2 lb polyfoam in the base layers).

The 12" version uses higher quality materials in the comfort layers that overall would be more durable.

I would certainly proceed with caution because these are not the quality of materials or design that your original description indicated.

Phoenix

I decided to stick with the 12" i know the top 2 inches are the 3.2, In my area not a lot of big differences. The middle being 5.3 i hope in the long run works out, i did upgrade the base at the dealers cost as he also gave me a few other things “on the house” because of the wrong information. The mattress itself seemed pretty firm for a floor model, so i am assuming the brand new one will take some time to break in. I’m about 200lb and since they are split’s for the most part that’s all that’s going to be on my side minus a few dogs hehe. I’m gonna give it a shot, we do get a 90 day “comfort” exchange which essentially is $50 and we can exchange for something else in store. I’ll have to stop in today and just take a look around as a “just in case” scenario. I appreciate all the guidance, will keep you updated!

Hi willwill,

At least you know the quality of the materials in your mattress and were able to make an informed buying decision in terms of the quality and probable durability of your mattress.

If you’re happy with your choice and it fits your criteria … then that’s the most important thing :slight_smile:

Phoenix