Technogel Sleeping mattress

Looking for a new mattress after 20 good years on latex. Does anyone have input on the Technogel mattresses? They were very comfortable but we know latex lasts. We also saw a latex (80%) mattress from Restonic at Stacy Furniture and that felt good. We’re considering adjustable bases. Any input would be appreciated. We need to decide within a couple of weeks since our old bed will go into guest room and guests are coming end of Sept. We just moved to the Dallas suburbs from Virginia and don’t know where to look for latex beds. Please help. Thanks.

Marcie

Hi marcie7467,

You can see some of my thoughts about the technogel in post #2 here and some comments about the specific materials in two of them (the Estasi and the Piacere) in post #2 here. A forum search on technogel (you can just click this) will bring up more posts and feedback about them as well.

Some of the Restonic latex mattresses can be good quality and value but Restonic is a licensee group which has different manufacturers that use different specs across the country so it would be important to know the details of all the layers to make sure that there isn’t more than about an inch or so of polyfoam above the latex. Once you get to about 2" or more then any polyfoam in the upper layers can become a weak link in the mattress. They often have 2" of firm polyfoam in the bottom layer which I would’t consider to be an issue in terms of design or durability.

The adjustable bed thread here should be helpful.

Some of the better options and possibilities in the Dallas area are listed in post #4 here.

Phoenix

Thank you Phoenix for the feedback regarding Technogel & Restoric mattresses. I’m not computer savvy so I’m hoping I’m responding in the proper link.

We went back to try both mattresses again. We spoke with the head of Stacey Furniture in the Plano, Texas store. His Restoric mattresses all come from the Houston manufacturing site. He explained that the support base is 1" polyfoam and then 6" of core latex and 2" topped with NP Talalay foam. You had mentioned that Restonic uses different manufacturers. Do you know if the Restoric one in Houston is good?

Thanks again for the help.

Marcia

Hi marcie7467,

The way to tell is by the specifics of what is in the mattress (which is much more accurate than going by the manufacturer or factory that builds the mattress). This way you can look at what they make on a mattress by mattress basis because each manufacturer or factory may make lower quality and higher quality mattresses.

I would normally ask the retailer for a layer by layer breakdown of the mattress from their spec sheet. it will include all the layers with the thickness of each and the type of material in each layer. If a layer is polyfoam or memory foam (or gel memory foam) then the density of the material would be important to know. If the layer is latex then the type and blend of the latex would be the information that would be important (with latex density is a “comfort spec” not a “quality spec”).

So it appears that your mattress from top to bottom includes …

2" of Talalay latex. This is a good quality material but they don’t say whether it is natural or blended Talalay.

6" of Latex. This would also be a good quality material (all latex is good quality) but they don’t mention the type or blend of the latex.

1" of polyfoam. This is the bottom stabilization layer which protects the latex and would likely be 1.5 lb firm polyfoam but being so deep in the mattress it wouldn’t be a factor in durability.

They also don’t provide any information about the cover material or what is used in the quilting of the mattress (if the cover is quilted) which is sometimes where you will find thicker layers of polyfoam or natural or synthetic fibers.

What you’ve listed doesn’t have any obvious weak links in the mattress but I would check to find out more about the cover and quilting layers to make sure they don’t contain any lower quality quilting materials that could be the weak link of the mattress.

Phoenix

Hi Again Phoenix,

I went back to the Mattress Experts store in McKinney, Texas to get more info on the Technogel Armonia mattress my husband and I are interested in. I was able to get a copy of the specs listed in the training manual. I’m attaching 3 pages of info. I was told that their Talalay is a natural product.

Do you think this mattress will hold up to years of sleep? (combined my husband and I weight 260 lbs.) We got 20 years out of our current foam mattress and to tell the truth I have no idea what type of foam it was.

I know this Technogel product is pricey but we don’t want to purchase on-line and we need to replace our bed soon (before Labor Day) so that our old bed can go in guest room for company coming in a few weeks - so there is no time to drive to Austin or Houston to see mattresses in person. We’re thinking of getting an adjustable base for the Technogel bed made by Leggett & Platt.

I also got specs for the Technogel Sollievo mattress if you want them for future reference. Let me know and I’ll send them.

Thanks for any input you can provide.

Marcia

https://https://uploads.mattressunderground.com/outside/24824/ArmoniaSollievo.pdf

https://https://uploads.mattressunderground.com/outside/24824/LPAdjustables.pdf

My 3rd attachment didn’t appear on last message so here it is again (I hope)

One more try - this time I’ll cut & paste info:

Store 016
Sent:
To:
Subject:
Cary, Elizabeth [email protected]]
Wednesday, August 21,2013V 57 PM
Store 016
Re: Custorner Questions
HeIIo Drew-

1. It’s talay latex so it comes from the natunal plant itself but is manufactured 2. The foam
    is fxi Activus and is precrushed twice very similar to temper foam (AII the specs should be
    in the tnaining Manuel if I didn’t answer them ) 3. The coven is a jersey material by the
    company Lava. I recommend dry cleaning it since the side of the matenial is made of linen.
  2. Oun product can be used with a heating blanket.
    Best regands
    Liz
    Sent fnom my iPhone
    On Aug 21, 2OL3, at 8:41 PM, “Store 015”
    < storelQ@sl"eepexpe rt s . com<mailtg : storel6@s leepexpe rt s . cqm > > wrote :
    Liz,
    Had a customer of Kaylas in that had some questions negarding the Armonia.
  3. Is the Latex natunal or synthetic?
  4. Do you have any information about the base foam materiall
  5. Ticking materiaL makeup?
  6. Can it be used with a heating blanket?
    Sonny for the trouble but thanks for youn help!
    -Drew
    Bo Monris
    Area Manager
    SLEEP EXPERTS
    Love youn mattness’*
    PH: 972.369.8703
    tIB: 972.757.8754
    WEB: www. sleepexperts. com<http : /lwww. sleepexperts. com/>

Hi marcie7467,

I’m not sure why your 3rd attachment didn’t “take”. What kind of document was it (such as pdf or txt)?

The two attachments that did “take” are the same document and don’t show the details of the latex layers (which are the majority of the mattress’ construction).

If you email me the documents (and it would be great to include the specs for the Sollievo as well) at the contact address at the top of the page I’d be happy to attach them to your post. I don’t have the specs for the Sollievo and the most accurate information about the Armoni I have is in post #10 here but this is not quite correct because Talalay latex cores don’t come in 7" versions (the molds are only about 6" thick) so it must be fabricated in two layers.

Activus is polyfoam and its quality/durability would depend on its density.

I would also confirm the blend of the Talalay latex. It’s very common in the industry that blended talalay is called “natural” because it contains 30% natural rubber (the other 70% is synthetic rubber). Both companies that make Talalay latex (Radium and Latex International) also make versions of Talalay that use 100% natural rubber.

Either way … Talalay latex is one of the most durable foam materials available and would be very durable and suitable for those that are looking for a durable mattress. The Technogel material is also very durable and if the partial specs I have are accurate there are no “weak links” in the mattress. You can read about the different types of latex in post #6 here and more about the factors that can affect durability in post #4 here and the posts it links to.

My biggest “concern” would be the “value” of the mattress … not its quality or durability. It has only 1/2" of the Technogel (which is a costly material but there is not a lot of it) but the rest of the mattress is Talalay latex and there are certainly much less costly Talalay latex mattresses available (about 1/2 the cost) that use a similar amount of latex and also have high quality quilted covers (often quilted with wool). Of course “value” depends on each person’s personal value equation but the Armoni would need to be significantly better in some quantifiable and measurable way for me to justify it’s high cost compared to mattresses that use all Talalay latex.

Your combined weight is quite light so a mattress would tend to last longer for you than it would for others.

Phoenix