Tempur Cloud Luxe - other comparable?

Hi bendybody,

The better options or possibilities I’m aware of that are within reasonable driving distance (subject to the quality/value guidelines I linked at the end of my last reply) are in post #2 here for the Harrisburg area and in post #2 here for the Waynesboro / Hagerstown areas.

I would be very cautious about these types of generic recommendations because they are probably much more familiar with EDS than they are with mattresses and it’s very unlikely that they would have a great deal of knowledge about the many different types of materials and mattress designs that are available in the industry that may or may not be suitable for you. There are a wide range of memory foam mattresses with different firmness levels some of which may be suitable for you and some of which would be completely unsuitable for you to sleep on. The same would be true about other materials and types of mattresses as well. Memory foam is certainly not the only soft material available in the industry and which material or type of mattress is best for you would be much more of a preference choice than a “better/worse” choice. The specific design of a mattress and how well it matches your specific needs and preferences is always more important than the specific materials that are inside it.

There is more about the pros and cons of memory foam in this article and more about the pros and cons of airbeds in this article.

As I mentioned in my previous reply the first “rule” I would always keep in mind is that you are the only one that can feel what you feel on a mattress so when you are dealing with complex medical issues that can have a significant effect on which mattress is best for you then your own personal testing or actual sleeping experience will be the only reliable way to know whether any mattress is a good match for you in terms of PPP and the options you have after a purchase (just in case your choice doesn’t turn out as well as you hoped for) will be a more important part of the “value” of a mattress purchase.

Based on forum feedback and on Dreamfoam’s comments as well the Ultimate Dreams 13" gel memory foam mattress is also a close comparison to the Tempurpedic Cloud Luxe but perhaps just a little firmer as well although as I mentioned in my last reply softness and firmness is very subjective and relative to the body type, sleeping style, and individual perceptions of each person and a mattress that feels “soft” or that feels very similar to another mattress for one person may not feel the same or compare as closely for someone else because each person’s experience on the same mattress can be very different from someone else.

Phoenix