Tempur Cloud Spreme Breeze alternatives and adjustable base for platform?

So we have tried all of the mattresses in person that we were considering and came down to the Tempur Cloud Supreme Breeze and an adjustable base. I have now been looking at what alternatives are out there like the Novosbed Aria (which doesn’t seem like a direct match for the “breeze” part) and the DreamFoam Supreme Gel (which does). Brooklyn Bedding has the Purecool Supreme which is billed as a direct competitor as well. I have searched the forums here and found some info but no real first-hand experiences or direct comparisons. Which of these three is the closest if not exact?

The other thing is that we found a Tempurpedic adjustable base that was compatible with platform beds (which we own) so if we go with one of these alternatives we will need to find a similar adjustable base. Some have a piston underneath which will not work with our bed. We don’t need massive amounts of adjustment, just basic head and feet. Massage is not necessary but if it has it then that is fine too, even a plus. What would some good options be?

Hi itsungna,

There is more about the different ways that one mattress can “match” or “approximate” another one in post #9 here.

These types of comparisons are very subjective and I doubt that you will find anyone that has compared all three in side by side testing which would be the most reliable way to compare them because the human memory for softness, firmness, and “feel” is very short term and unreliable and a mattress that may feel similar to what you “remember” another mattress feels like may end up being very different if you were to compare them in “real time” side by side.

Even if someone had made this type of comparison there are so many variables involved that you will find a wide range of opinions about how closely two mattresses compare to different people depending on their body type, sleeping positions, or many other variables that can affect how a mattress feels for a particular person and on their sensitivity and where they are in the range between “princess and the pea” and “I can sleep on anything”. Some people may also be more sensitive to one of the specific properties of a mattress (such as the response time of the memory foam) and may think that two mattresses are different based on that specific property while someone else may focus on a different property (such as contouring) and may think that the same two mattresses are very close based on this particular property. In addition to this some of the differences between two mattresses may prove to be “better” for you than the mattress you are using as a reference while others may be “worse” depending on your preferences.

The “bottom line” is really whether a mattress that you are considering is “close enough” for you or even more importantly whether it’s a good match for you in terms of PPP (Posture and alignment, Pressure relief, and Personal preferences) because this is the most important factor that determines how well you will sleep on a mattress. It’s also very possible that your reference mattress may not be the best “match” for you out of the mattresses you are comparing so I would treat it as a guideline for the mattress you decide to choose not as a specific “target”.

The mattress shopping tutorial also includes a link to a list of some of the better online memory foam options I’m aware of (in the optional online step) and several of these make a mattress that is designed to approximate the Tempurpedic Supreme (or Supreme Breeze). They include …

http://www.dreamfoambedding.com/
http://www.selectfoam.com/
http://www.selectabed.com/memory_foam_mattress.htm

Some of the others would probably also be able to provide you with reliable information about which of the options they have available would be the closest to the Tempurpedic Cloud or Cloud Breeze as well.

There is more about the different ways to choose a mattress (either locally or online) that is the most suitable “match” for your specific needs and preferences and how to identify and minimize the risks of making a choice that doesn’t turn out as well as you hoped for that are involved in each of them in post #2 here. In the end the only way to know how closely two mattresses compare will be based on your own personal experience.

There is also more about the cooling technologies that are often used to offset the tendency of memory foam to sleep warmer than other types of foam materials for some people in post #6 here and there is also more about the many variables that can affect the sleeping temperature of a mattress (including the effect of a mattress protector and your sheets and bedding) in post #2 here.

There is more information about buying an adjustable bed in post #3 here and the adjustable bed topic it links to. I know there are others that would work well on a platform bed where the mechanism doesn’t extend below the frame but I don’t know which specific models which would meet your criteria. I know that Richmond Bedding will be able to give you reliable information about all the Leggett & Platt models and a call or email to Reverie here or to Ergomotion here would give you the information you need about which of their models would work on a platform bed as well so that you can make some “apples to apples” comparisons based on features/price comparisons and aren’t paying for features (or a brand name like Tempurpedic) that you may not want or need.

Phoenix

Thanks for the additional links. I’m not so much interested in someone having tried all of these beds, but instead someone that liked the Cloud Supreme Breeze that chose one of these alternatives instead and how the experience was and how it has held up.

Hi itsungna,

I don’t think that you will find anyone that has tried all three that would be able to share their opinion about your original question “Which of these three is the closest if not exact?” but forum searches on Novosbed Aria and on Dreamfoam Supreme Gel (and on Ultimate Dreams Supreme Gel) and on PureCool Supreme (you can just click the links) will bring up all the forum posts that mention each of them and there are quite number of posts that contain feedback from forum members here that have purchased them.

The Brooklyn Bedding Cool Supreme also has gel memory foam in the top layer and a forum search on Cool Supreme will also bring up all the forum posts that mention it as well (although they will be mixed in with posts about the Purecool supreme which the search term will also bring up).

None of these mattresses have been available for long enough for reviews or short term feedback to provide reliable information about the durability or useful life of any of them but the guidelines in post #4 here will give you a much more effective way to assess the durability of any mattress that will be much more reliable than any mattress reviews and there is also more detailed information in post #4 here and the posts it links to about the many variables that affect the durability and useful life of a mattress relative to each person as well.

Phoenix