Tempur-Pedic Matress Covers

Simple and quick question. What are you all using for a mattress cover? I have tried 2 or 3 different covers and am still waking up hot. Seems the covers I have tried and breathable and are limiting the cooling effect from my mattress.

Hi SoonerChris,

I’m guessing you are referring to a mattress protector rather than a mattress cover (which is part of the mattress itself).

There is more about the pros and cons of the different types of mattress protectors and some examples of each of them in post #89 here.

I would also keep in mind that some people tend to sleep warmer on memory foam mattresses so the memory foam itself may be part of your temperature regulation issues as well.

While it’s not always possible to to track down temperature regulation issues for any particular person on a specific mattress because there are so many variables involved (including your room temperature and humidity, your sheets and bedding and bedclothes, your mattress protector or any mattress pads you are using, and where you are in the “oven to iceberg” range) and some people can sleep warmer on mattresses that most people are generally fine with … there is more about tracking down a potential cause or causes for temperature regulation issues (at least to the degree possible for a specific mattress) in post #2 here and the posts it links to that may be helpful.

Phoenix

SoonerChris,

I know exactly what you mean- we were having the same issue with two different mattress protectors “blocking” the breeze in our new Tempur Breeze.

I just ordered Tempur’s protector directly from them and will let you know if that is any better!

Jen

Hello, sorry for my english…

We have a ClassicBed by Tempur (made in Denmark over 15 years of age and yet extremely comfortable …) and Rhapsody Breeze 1.0 by Tempur for a little over a year.

With ClassicBed I remove the original cover protector, and I put a Mattress Pad cotton which is filled with silk…

With the Breeze I have a Tempur Protex-it matress protector (Made in Europe) with the surface 100% cotton, 12 year warranty.

Well, with the Breeze, I sincerely feel they have a heated mattress !!

And with ClassicBed I’m very comfortable, they are a real difference. and equip my Classic could be call “Breeze” and the true breeze “HOT”* :frowning:

I did not try their New! TEMPUR-Mattress Protector Protect, which I think is not cotton, is made in China and a 10 year guarantee …

If liquid does not pass, the air no more or very little like (gore-tex)

Then the heat build up…

Hi Memory foam,

Your English is fine … and I understand you perfectly :slight_smile:

Thanks for taking the time to share your comments and feedback … I appreciate it.

[quote]With ClassicBed I remove the original cover protector, and I put a Mattress Pad cotton which is filled with silk…

With the Breeze I have a Tempur Protex-it matress protector (Made in Europe) with the surface 100% cotton, 12 year warranty.

Well, with the Breeze, I sincerely feel they have a heated mattress !!

And with ClassicBed I’m very comfortable, they are a real difference. and equip my Classic could be call “Breeze” and the true breeze “HOT”* :([/quote]

The Classic Bed is firmer which means that you will sink in less so the memory foam would be less insulating and trap less heat than the Rhapsody Breeze and in combination with a cotton/silk mattress pad (which would be good for airflow and temperature regulation) it makes sense that you would sleep cooler than the softer Rhapsody Breeze in combination with the Tempur Protex-it matress protector which is waterproof and has a “semi breathable” membrane coating (which they say is triple layer) which can certainly restrict airflow even though the fabric itself is cotton.

They still sell the Tempur Protex-it matress protector in Canada.

[quote]I did not try their New! TEMPUR-Mattress Protector Protect, which I think is not cotton, is made in China and a 10 year guarantee …

If liquid does not pass, the air no more or very little like (gore-tex)[/quote]

They don’t mention the material but I also don’t think it’s cotton. I does appear to have a phase change material in the fabric which can help with temperature regulation when you first go to sleep at night although once temperatures equalize the effects are normally short term and don’t normally last over the course of the night. It also has a water resistant membrane coating and as you mentioned can restrict airflow which in turn can raise sleeping temperatures for some people.

Phoenix