TempurPedic too soft, any suggestions for firming?

Hi there! I’ve been doing some research on ways to firm up a TempurPedic mattress. I bought what I thought was the best thing out there, but over time I’ve come to accept a little buyer’s remorse. It’s just too soft, for the both of us. I am 5" and 140 lbs, and my husband is 6’5 and 210 lbs. He has much more difficulty than I do with the bed, as he prefers a much firmer mattress. So much so that he has taken to placing cardboard under the mattress pad on his side of the bed. It has helped, but it is obviously a temporary solution. Based on the research I’ve done, I’m considering an ErgoSoft natural dunlop latex mattress topper as our best option. I’m thinking of going with the 4", Medium-Firm for our queen size bed.

Does this sound like a good solution, using a thick and firm latex topper to firm up a TempurPedic? Any other recommendations or options? Plywood underneath? lol

Thanks for your time and expertise. I’ve found your site very informative. :slight_smile:

Hi JessZZZ,

[quote]I bought what I thought was the best thing out there, but over time I’ve come to accept a little buyer’s remorse. It’s just too soft, for the both of us. I am 5" and 140 lbs, and my husband is 6’5 and 210 lbs. He has much more difficulty than I do with the bed, as he prefers a much firmer mattress. So much so that he has taken to placing cardboard under the mattress pad on his side of the bed. It has helped, but it is obviously a temporary solution. Based on the research I’ve done, I’m considering an ErgoSoft natural dunlop latex mattress topper as our best option. I’m thinking of going with the 4", Medium-Firm for our queen size bed.

Does this sound like a good solution, using a thick and firm latex topper to firm up a TempurPedic? Any other recommendations or options? Plywood underneath? lol[/quote]

As you probably know from your reading here I certainly wouldn’t call a Tempurpedic mattress 'the best thing out there" and unfortunately there aren’t any particularly good solutions to making a mattress that is too soft any firmer but there are some suggestions in post #4 here that may be helpful at least partially or temporarily.

A thicker topper will isolate the heat that reaches the softer memory foam more than a thinner topper so it would help it to stay firmer or at least increase the length of time the memory foam takes to soften over the course of the night which makes the odds of success a little higher (as long as the firmness of the latex is suitable for you) but the only way to know whether it would be “enough” of an improvement would be based on your actual sleeping experience.

Phoenix