Tempurpedic Weightless Supreme Alternatives ?

Hello Im new here. I had a Tempurpedic Weightless Supreme that I kept having an allergic reaction to for some reason. I’m not allergic to memory foam and have had other memory foam beds. It was just that model for some reason!

I was wondering what other beds are similar. Weightless Supreme was almost perfect, but could been slightly softer in my shoulders. I sleep on my side and have very wide shoulders and have football player built so lot my weight is in my chest and shoulders!

I seen a similar model Tempflow Flexia ? But not sure if it would work as it has 2’ memory foam like Tempurpedic

http://tempflow.com/flexia-mattress-model.htm

Anyone know of any others?

Hi rob2121,

For reference … these are the specs of the Tempurpedic weightless mattresses as far as I know …

Tempur Weightless Supreme:

Quilt
100% Polyester Stretch MicroSuede Cover
FR Sock

Comfort Layers
2" Tempur ES Material 4.1 lb density
3" Tempur Float Material 3.8 lb density

Support System
7" Tempur Support System 1.5 density
Single Airflow system

Tempur Weightless Select:

Quilt:
Removable, washable scrollwork super-stretch cover with embossed microsuede sides
FR Sock

Comfort Layers:
1.2″ TEMPUR-ES 4.1 lbs./ft density)
3″ TEMPUR-Float 3.8 lbs density

Support System
7" Tempur Support System 1.5 density
Single Airflow system

There is also more about this type of mattress in post #2 here. These all use a very high density and more resilient “latex like” polyfoam underneath the memory foam and the main difference between them is the thickness of the memory foam layer on top.

There is more about the different ways that one mattress can approximate another one and the many variables that are involved in post #9 here. In most cases … a knowledgeable and experienced online manufacturer will be the best source of guidance about the similarities between any of their mattresses and a one of the Tempurpedic mattresses.

Outside of the Tempflow mattress you mentioned … some of the others on the online memory foam list that use a similar design (comfort layers that use a combination of memory foam with a more resilient material such as HR polyfoam or latex over a polyfoam support core) include Select Foam and Brooklyn Bedding (if you choose a combination of memory foam and latex for the two comfort layers in the Alexis although the memory foam layer would be thicker).

There may also be some similar types of mattresses available locally. One example would be a mattress like the Solace here or the Ecogel Blue Heaven here (which uses latex over the memory foam instead or the other way around) or the Denver Mattress iChoice latex memory foam mattress here but you would need to test these in person to know how close they are to the Tempurpedic Weightless Supreme.

Phoenix

Thanks. Ya I spoke with Brooklyn bedding too!

I kinda like the flexia design but there expensive. $1999 just for the mattress plus $150 shipping no foundation

I paid $1969 for the Tempupedic with the foundation and Tempflo was acting like their mattress is better and cost less! Maybe better ? but cost at least $300 more with a base!

I actually tried the below Gemma Plush at a store! It feels like a weightless supreme and made of more natural materials and cooler! Its a cheaper build and Its not probably going to last more than 10 -15years, but only about $900. Not sure if anyone heard this company.

http://www.gemmasleep.com/en/index.php/template-layout/2013-06-06-16-48-16

Hi rob2121,

I’m not sure where you purchased your Tempurpedic Weightless Supreme but it normally sells for $2399 in queen (mattress only) and the foundation is another $300. Tempurpedic normally has controlled pricing so if you purchased it for less you did well.

It’s unlikely that the Tempurpedic would last that long either (at least for 15 years anyway). You can see some comments about the Gemma in post #2 here and with the 3.2 lb memory foam they use (which is a lower density less durable memory foam) the odds are higher that you would be replacing it much sooner than 10 years.

Phoenix

Thanks, I actually seen a new simmons nxg 575 you talk about several years ago on ebay today. not sure if there are better options since. the 575 description says plush pillow top which sounds like i sin too much?

Simmons does have the phenon now i tried has 1.5 blended latex under memory foam, but i felt i sunk too much on it and didnt get enough bounce back and support that the Tempur weighless supreme did!

Its hard to know what your getting when you cant try out how things feel first from online places! I’m in Connecticut and there nothing but Sleepys and Department stores! Can’t really find places that are more direct manufactures!

I spoke with Carlos at Brooklyn Bedding said there is a review of combination of memory foam and latex Aloe Alexis here with photos? Cant find it does anyone have the link?

Hi rob2121,

The most important part of a mattress purchase is how well it matches your unique needs and preferences in terms of PPP (Posture and alignment, Pressure relief, and Personal preferences). A mattress that works well for one person may be completely unsuitable for someone else to sleep on. TheNXG 575 was never a good value option IMO and while I personally liked the “feel” of a thin layer of quilted latex over the memory foam, it’s certainly not a mattress I would have considered buying.

I would also be very cautious about buying a mattress on ebay from a seller that doesn’t offer a return privilege and that is selling a mattress that is most likely used or a return. If you buy a mattress that isn’t a good match for you in terms of PPP and you can’t sleep well on it then no matter what the price or “value” of the mattress it would have very little value to you.

I would be very cautious about buying any major brand mattress where you aren’t able to find out the quality of the materials inside it (see this article). They tend to use lower quality/density materials and even if a particular mattress in a showroom is a good match for you in terms of PPP … if it has lower quality foams in the comfort layers then they will soften and break down prematurely and you can lose the comfort and support which is the reason you purchased it (and the loss of comfort and support isn’t covered by a warranty). A mattress that works well at first but then doesn’t last you a reasonable length of time before you cross the threshold from sleeping well on it to “tolerating” it relative to the price you paid would also have little value for most people.

Some of the better options and possibilities I’m aware of in Connecticut are listed in post #2 here and the posts it links to.

I think TandL’s thread here may be the one you are looking for.

Phoenix