Tempurpeidic Cloud Supreme alt.?

Just as the title says, I’m looking for an alternative to this mattress.

I’m a cold, side/stomach sleeper. I’ve had a soft side water bed for the past 15 years and its been great, but its time for something firmer. Ive slept on a few tempurpeidics and its been awesome. So i first started my search at Bob’s, bargain hunting. I had a take at all of the memory foam mattresses there on my side for 10-15 minutes each and all of them gave me lower spine pressure.

The next day I went to Jordans and tried a bunch out as well. The Sealy Optimum: Destiny came in second, and the aforementioned Tempurpiedic came in first.

So I came to the internet to look for reviews and stumbled upon the wealth of information here. 2600 is a lot of money, its acceptable to me though when I plan on having it for the next 15-20 years. But I’ve read the gospel of Phoenix and he keeps reiterating that theres comparable to equal quality out there for much better value.

So I live in southern New Hampshire, and if someone could give me the right direction to head in that would be great!

Hi Prime,

There are really only 3 ways to “match” another mattress and they are discussed in post #2 here.

For some people … some of the mattresses at Bobs may match in terms of “feel” but this has nothing to do with the quality or durability of the materials themselves which may not be the same quality as the tempurpedic and there is really no way to know this at Bobs because they don’t disclose some of the specs of the mattress and there is no way to know the quality control of the Chinese manufacturer that makes them (they are not CertiPur certified). See post #4 here for more about the endless loop of shopping at Bobs.They certainly don’t meet the guidelines here I use for buying a memory foam mattress.

These are really apples to oranges comparisons. Neither are good value and both are one of the major manufacturers I would avoid completely. You can see more about the optimum lineup in post #48 here. Part of the problem in testing for “feel” when you are buying a mattress is that it is very subjective and can change by the time you sleep on it at home. This is also part of what is called the showroom feel and lower quality materials will soften and degrade much more quickly than higher quality materials and any changes in feel or the loss of comfort, or support is the main reason people need to replace a mattress and this isn’t covered by any warranty.

Outside of local testing in real time where your body will tell you which mattresses “match” in terms of feel and performance and where you can also make sure that all the materials are of similar quality (which is why I would only shop with retailers or manufacturers that disclose the details of all the layers so you arent comparing “cheap” memory foam that won’t last with higher quality memory foam that will last) … there is also a list in post #12 here of some of the better online manufacturers and retailers of memory foam mattresses that have good quality and value. Most of these would have a good idea of which of their mattresses was closest to the Tempurpedic Cloud Supreme in terms of “feel” if you called and talked with them and one of them also designs their mattresses specifically around the Tempurpedic lineup both in in terms of feel, quality of materials, and design and the similarities between them have been tested and confirmed by their customers in their bricks and mortar store where they are on the floor side by side for people to compare.

Some of the possibilities in the Southern New Hampshire area are listed in post #4 here. There is also a wider range of good options in post #2 here that would require some longer travel time but may be well worth it. Some of these have some very good quality and value mattresses.

Phoenix