Texas Mattress Makers

Could I get an opinion on Texas Mattress Makers, they are on your listed preferred vendor sites, and made very comfortable mattresses. The mattress I was trying out today is not listed on the website, and was wondering if that would be a black flag.

Edit: They seemed to be in the business of offering large discounts of the listed price as well, is that par for the course in these types of places?

Hi Tesasguy,

They are one of the members of the site which means that I think highly of them and that I believe they compete well with the best in the industry. You can see some recent feedback about them in posts #10 to #15 here and a forum search on texas mattress makers (you can just click this) will also bring up more information and feedback about them as well.

A mattress that wasn’t listed on a site wouldn’t worry me in the slightest (and it’s fairly common). Of course with any mattress you are considering I would make sure you do some careful and objective testing to make sure it’s a good match for you in terms of PPP and make sure you know the quality of all the materials inside the mattress (and they are completely transparent about the materials and components in their mattresses).

Phoenix

They were very forthcoming, explaining that the Mattress I was trying had a micro spring (coil?) support system with a 2 in layer of 4 lb density memory foam on top. I’m not sure on how that stacks up as a mattress but, it felt good.

We were initially looking at a memory foam mattress, but chose this instead after going through the PPP system and laying on the bed for close to 45 min. It felt great at the store, but wanted to make sure TMM was up to par, especially after the severe discounting process occurred.

Hi Texasguy,

You can see the quality guidelines I would suggest in post #4 here.

4 lb memory foam would certainly be a suitable choice for most people and many people prefer the feel and response of 4 lb memory foam over higher density memory foam. A microcoil is also a good quality and durable component.

Phoenix