Thank you phoenix. ? about Gel foam mattress while using heated mattress pad

Hi Pheonix, I don’t know if you can answer this but hopefully someone can. I am going to purchase a gel foam mattress based on the underground research, thank you for the help. Here’s my question…I have pretty severe arthritis and during the winter the cold makes my bones ache. I have used a heated mattress pad on my non - gel foam mattress and it does help with the constant aching. Can I use the heated mattress pad in the winter or will it affect the foam and/or gel in any way? Thanks for the reply.

Hi mattress shopper,

This seems to be a day for questions about heated blankets or mattress pads :slight_smile:

My reply in post #2 here would be the same for your question as well if the gel foam you are mentioning is gel memory foam. Gel can be added to any type of foam so if it’s another type of gel foam that isn’t heat sensitive then it would be fine.

The pad itself may also interfere with the ability of the memory foam to soften with body heat and contour to your body when it is turned off.

If you do use it with memory foam (gel or otherwise) I would use the lowest settings and for shorter periods of time.

Phoenix