Thanks TMU

Just bought my new mattress (The Glisan from Parklane Mattresses) yesterday and can’t wait for it to arrive. Just wanted to say thanks to Phoenix for this wonderful site. Spending only 2k (I bought the bed frame too) as opposed to spending 4k on a Tempurpedic like others I know feels good. The bonus I am receiving is a stomach sleeper fiber pillow btw.

Now if only there was a TMU for bed sheets. I want to sleep on comfort but there are so many red flags out there. Anyone have recommendations?

Hi messypanda,

Thanks for letting us know what you ended up deciding and as you know I think you made a great quality/value choice.

Congratulations on your new mattress :slight_smile:

I’m looking forward to any comments and feedback you have the chance to share when you receive it and have had the chance to sleep on it for a bit.

While I don’t have any specific suggestions … there is much more information about choosing sheets in post #7 here along with the other posts, topics, and sources of information that it links to.

Phoenix

MessyPanda,

Do you like the Glisan? Please give us an update!

Hi SquirrelPDX,

I hope that messypanda sees your post and provides an update as well (if they are subscribed to their topic the forum software will send them an email that a new post has been added to the topic) but I would also keep in mind that while other people’s comments about the knowledge and service of a business can certainly be helpful … I would be very cautious about about using other people’s experiences or reviews on a mattress (either positive or negative) as a reliable source of information or guidance about how you will feel on the same mattress or how suitable or how durable a mattress may be for you and in many if not most cases they can be more misleading than helpful because a mattress that would be a perfect choice for one person or even a larger group of people may be completely unsuitable for someone else to sleep on (see post #13 here).

As you probably know Parklane is one of the members of this site which means that I think highly of them and I believe that they compete well with the best in the industry in terms of their quality, value, service, knowledge, and transparency. A forum search on Parklane (you can just click the link) will also bring up many more comments and feedback about them from other forum members as well.

Phoenix

So my husband and I ended up buying a King Glisan memory foam mattress from Parklane. We have had it for almost 2 months and my husband and I love it. I am even a stomach sleeper and it works for me. Not super duper firm but not too soft. A true medium-firm feel for us. We haven’t had any problems with it feeling too hot either and we don’t even have AC in our house.

Hi SquirrelPFX,

Thanks for letting us know what you ended up deciding and for your comments and feedback … and congratulations on your new mattress as well :slight_smile:

It’s great to see that the Glisan worked out so well for you and now that you are past the initial break in and adjustment period you can expect to be sleeping well for many more years.

Phoenix

Oops. Sorry. I didn’t get that email until just now.

So we have had this mattress for a better part of three months now. Its nice. It did take a while to break in (we sped it up allowing our oldest to jump on the bed), but in the end it is worth it (especially the price we paid). Now it just feels like a part of our life and its difficult to imagine how it is compared to our old mattress, but I don’t remember waking up with a stiff back since we got it.

So if anyone is in the market for a tempurpedic mattress, you cant go wrong with the glisan.

Hi messypanda,

Thanks for taking the time to come back and share your comments and feedback … I appreciate it :slight_smile:

Phoenix