The 10 in. Tuft & Needle Diary

Hello Everyone,

I’m new to the forum. I am thinking about getting a king tuft and needle diary after reading reviews here. Almost bought a sleep innovations king matresss. Just wanna ask, does tuft and needle still honor our discount? Thanks

Hi markguiab,

Yes … all you need to do is call or email them to let them know you are a member of the forum here and they will credit the discount to the card that you used for the purchase within a few days.

Phoenix

Thank you for your response Phoenix. I am contemplating whether to get a queen or a king mattress. I currently have a queen mattress at this time. Only problem with the King is I am going to have a tight space in my room having a king mattress but really want the bigger sleeping space of the King mattress.

Hi markguiab,

You’re certainly looking in a good direction and I’m looking forward to finding out what you end up deciding.

Phoenix

Hi Everyone,

I’m new to Mattress Underground. I was thinking of buying a tuft and needle queen mattress and have two questions. How do stomach sleepers feel about their experience? And are there any additional discounts available outside of membership here? Their website states that they don’t do discounts/promos/coupons. Thanks!

Hi bigkgolfer,

Welcome to the site :slight_smile:

I would be very cautious about using other people’s experiences or reviews on a mattress (either positive or negative) as a reliable source of information or guidance about how you will feel on the same mattress or how suitable or how durable a mattress may be for you and in many cases they can be more misleading than helpful because a mattress that would be a perfect choice for one person or even a group of people may be completely unsuitable for someone else to sleep on (see post #13 here).

Having said that … a mattress that is in the “medium firm” range would generally work well for most stomach sleepers because stomach sleepers generally need firmer mattresses than side or back sleepers to help prevent the pelvis from sinking down too far and sleeping in a swayback position.

Tuft & Needle is one of the recommended members of this site (which is by invitation only) which is the reason for the discount and I’m not aware of other discounts that they offer.

There is also more about the “simplified choice” mattresses (including Tuft & Needle) in posts #1 and #2 here that may be helpful as well.

Phoenix

We ordered a 10 in King from T&N and it arrived on the third business day.

I just bought a 10in T&N King and so far (about a week) I am very happy. Medium-Firm is a good description. For me, the 100-Night money-back guarantee (when ordered from them and not through Amazon) was a deciding factor to try them first.

Hi CrompsD,

Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback … and congratulations on your new mattress :slight_smile:

Phoenix

I just ordered online (Amazon) and ETA is next week (so about a week after placing my order).

Will post updated on delivery and sleep quality once I settle into my new digs.

I also confirmed the MU rebate (6.5%) is still active. Thanks for sharing!!

Hi sleepyheadzz,

Congratulations on your new mattress :slight_smile:

Just for the sake of clarification for others who may read your post … with Amazon fulfilled orders the TMU discount doesn’t apply and the trial period and return policy would be Amazon’s 30 day return policy (see post #11 here) instead of the 100 days free return policy that applies to orders placed through the Tuft & Needle site.

I’m looking forward to your comments and feedback once you’ve received it and have had the chance to sleep on it for a bit.

Phoenix

Hello All,

Thanks to all of you for your feedback, I now feel confident enough to put in my own order. I hope to be able to contribute some feedback of my own, and with my wife being a 95 pound omni-sleeper (generally starts on her back or side but ends up transitioning to pretty much every position on occasion) and me a 200 pound side sleeper, we should have a range of opinions. I’ll let you folks know how long delivery takes here in SoCal.

Cheers!

Hi Sean in OC,

Congratulations on your new mattress as well :slight_smile:

I’m looking forward to both of your comments and feedback once you receive it and have had the chance to sleep on it for a bit.

Phoenix

Thanks for all the info guys., I decided to give it a go and I ordered a queen size :slight_smile:

Hi jc6905,

I also hope you have the chance to share your comments and feedback as well once you receive it and have had the chance to sleep on it for a bit.

Phoenix

I spent my second night on my T&N 10" last night. The first night, I laid on it and thought, “This seems pretty firm. Maybe I’ll get used to it over ti—ZZZZ…” I woke up in the exact same position in which I fell asleep, only my mouth was flatteringly agape and I had drooled all over my pillow. So.

Second night, same. I sink into the mattress a bit over the first few minutes; no pain in my hip when I’m side-sleeping, which is my go-to sleep position. The mattress still feels firmer than what I’d typically find comfortable, but I’m sleeping like someone clubbed me, and no aches/soreness in my main hit points (shoulder/hip) when I wake up.

I’ll update if anything changes, but I’m very happy thus far! Now just to get a bedframe :smiley:

Hi sleepymolar,

Thanks for taking the time to share an update about your first few nights on your Tuft & Needle … I appreciate it :slight_smile:

As you probably know there will be a break in and adjustment period over the first few weeks as your mattress softens a little and you adjust to the “feel” of a new sleeping surface that is different from what you are used to (see post #3 here) but based on your feedback it sounds like you are sleeping very well without any discomfort or symptoms which generally means that the firmness is a good “match” for your body type and sleeping style.

If you are looking for a standard steel bedframe then post #10 here may be helpful.

Phoenix

After much deliberation, I ordered my T&N mattress over the weekend. Can’t wait for it to arrive.

I’ll post my feedback once I’ve got a couple weeks on it.

I am so glad I found this website. Thanks!

Hi titanair,

As you know I think you made a great quality/value choice and I’m looking forward to your comments and feedback when you receive it and have had a chance to try it out for a bit.

Phoenix

Ordering this mattress today,

Thanks for all the info!