The 10 in. Tuft & Needle Diary

Hello All,

Thanks to all of you for your feedback, I now feel confident enough to put in my own order. I hope to be able to contribute some feedback of my own, and with my wife being a 95 pound omni-sleeper (generally starts on her back or side but ends up transitioning to pretty much every position on occasion) and me a 200 pound side sleeper, we should have a range of opinions. I’ll let you folks know how long delivery takes here in SoCal.

Cheers!

Hi Sean in OC,

Congratulations on your new mattress as well :slight_smile:

I’m looking forward to both of your comments and feedback once you receive it and have had the chance to sleep on it for a bit.

Phoenix

Thanks for all the info guys., I decided to give it a go and I ordered a queen size :slight_smile:

Hi jc6905,

Congratulations on your new mattress :slight_smile:

I also hope you have the chance to share your comments and feedback as well once you receive it and have had the chance to sleep on it for a bit.

Phoenix

I spent my second night on my T&N 10" last night. The first night, I laid on it and thought, “This seems pretty firm. Maybe I’ll get used to it over ti—ZZZZ…” I woke up in the exact same position in which I fell asleep, only my mouth was flatteringly agape and I had drooled all over my pillow. So.

Second night, same. I sink into the mattress a bit over the first few minutes; no pain in my hip when I’m side-sleeping, which is my go-to sleep position. The mattress still feels firmer than what I’d typically find comfortable, but I’m sleeping like someone clubbed me, and no aches/soreness in my main hit points (shoulder/hip) when I wake up.

I’ll update if anything changes, but I’m very happy thus far! Now just to get a bedframe :smiley:

Hi sleepymolar,

Thanks for taking the time to share an update about your first few nights on your Tuft & Needle … I appreciate it :slight_smile:

As you probably know there will be a break in and adjustment period over the first few weeks as your mattress softens a little and you adjust to the “feel” of a new sleeping surface that is different from what you are used to (see post #3 here) but based on your feedback it sounds like you are sleeping very well without any discomfort or symptoms which generally means that the firmness is a good “match” for your body type and sleeping style.

If you are looking for a standard steel bedframe then post #10 here may be helpful.

Phoenix

After much deliberation, I ordered my T&N mattress over the weekend. Can’t wait for it to arrive.

I’ll post my feedback once I’ve got a couple weeks on it.

I am so glad I found this website. Thanks!

Hi titanair,

As you know I think you made a great quality/value choice and I’m looking forward to your comments and feedback when you receive it and have had a chance to try it out for a bit.

Phoenix

Ordering this mattress today,

Thanks for all the info!

Hi dienilno,

I hope you also have the chance to share your comments and feedback when you’ve received it.

Phoenix

Hi, long time lurker but first time poster. Just wanted to say thanks for the info and to Phoenix. I’ll be going with T&N as well! Pretty excited

Hi patelkunjanb,

I’m also looking forward to your comments and feedback when you receive it as well.

Phoenix

Hi Calpyro,

As you know I think you made a great quality/value choice and I’m looking forward to finding out how you like it once you’ve received it and have had the chance to test it out for a while.

I would always make sure that you give any new mattress a few weeks before considering any changes so that the mattress has a chance to break in and you have the chance to adjust to a new sleeping surface that may be different than what your body is used to sleeping on (see post #3 here).

If after the first few weeks (generally 30 days is a good idea when possible) then if you find that the mattress is too firm for you then they have a great return policy if you decide to return the mattress and choose something softer. If you decide that you would prefer to add a topper and you just need some additional “comfort” and pressure relief then post #2 here and the topper guidelines it links to can help you use your sleeping experience as a reference point and guideline to help you choose the type, thickness, and firmness for a topper that has the least possible risk and the best chance for success and also includes a link to a list of some of the better online sources for toppers I’m aware of as well.

Phoenix

Based on what I read here, I went ahead and took the dive last night on a King. Hopefully it pans out well!

Hi Scacht,

I’m also looking forward to your comments and feedback when you’ve received it and have had the chance to sleep on it for a bit.

Phoenix

Hi; thanks for all your diary thoughts, and thanks to Phoenix for hosting/commenting so prolifically here. I gave the T&N an order today; hope it’s great for me! Thanks again!

I’m almost a month in on sleeping on my 10", and I still wake up very rarely during sleep. Mostly sleep like someone clubbed me – I wake up in the exact position in which I went to sleep, which can be an issue if I happened to fall asleep lying on my arm, etc. :blink: I can also wake up sore sometimes, but I think this is a result of exhaustion-flatout sleep more than the mattress. This still isn’t a controlled experiment while I continue to work myself silly on home improvement projects, but I’m sure I’ll have a better overall idea by the time I hit the end of my sleep trial. All in all, still very very happy with my purchase :woohoo:

Hi linj,

I also hope you have the chance to share your comments and feedback when you receive it and have had the chance to try it out.

Phoenix

Hi sleepymolar,

Thanks for taking the time to share another update … I appreciate it.

It’s good to hear that your mattress is working out well for you :slight_smile:

Phoenix