The 10 in. Tuft & Needle Diary

Ordering this mattress today,

Thanks for all the info!

Hi dienilno,

Congratulations on your new mattress as well :slight_smile:

I hope you also have the chance to share your comments and feedback when you’ve received it.

Phoenix

Hi, long time lurker but first time poster. Just wanted to say thanks for the info and to Phoenix. I’ll be going with T&N as well! Pretty excited

Hi patelkunjanb,

Congratulations on your new mattress :slight_smile:

I’m also looking forward to your comments and feedback when you receive it as well.

Phoenix

Hi Calpyro,

As you know I think you made a great quality/value choice and I’m looking forward to finding out how you like it once you’ve received it and have had the chance to test it out for a while.

I would always make sure that you give any new mattress a few weeks before considering any changes so that the mattress has a chance to break in and you have the chance to adjust to a new sleeping surface that may be different than what your body is used to sleeping on (see post #3 here).

If after the first few weeks (generally 30 days is a good idea when possible) then if you find that the mattress is too firm for you then they have a great return policy if you decide to return the mattress and choose something softer. If you decide that you would prefer to add a topper and you just need some additional “comfort” and pressure relief then post #2 here and the topper guidelines it links to can help you use your sleeping experience as a reference point and guideline to help you choose the type, thickness, and firmness for a topper that has the least possible risk and the best chance for success and also includes a link to a list of some of the better online sources for toppers I’m aware of as well.

Phoenix

Based on what I read here, I went ahead and took the dive last night on a King. Hopefully it pans out well!

Hi Scacht,

Congratulations on your new mattress as well :slight_smile:

I’m also looking forward to your comments and feedback when you’ve received it and have had the chance to sleep on it for a bit.

Phoenix

Hi; thanks for all your diary thoughts, and thanks to Phoenix for hosting/commenting so prolifically here. I gave the T&N an order today; hope it’s great for me! Thanks again!

I’m almost a month in on sleeping on my 10", and I still wake up very rarely during sleep. Mostly sleep like someone clubbed me – I wake up in the exact position in which I went to sleep, which can be an issue if I happened to fall asleep lying on my arm, etc. :blink: I can also wake up sore sometimes, but I think this is a result of exhaustion-flatout sleep more than the mattress. This still isn’t a controlled experiment while I continue to work myself silly on home improvement projects, but I’m sure I’ll have a better overall idea by the time I hit the end of my sleep trial. All in all, still very very happy with my purchase :woohoo:

Hi linj,

I also hope you have the chance to share your comments and feedback when you receive it and have had the chance to try it out.

Phoenix

Hi sleepymolar,

Thanks for taking the time to share another update … I appreciate it.

It’s good to hear that your mattress is working out well for you :slight_smile:

Phoenix

Hi Calpyro,

Thanks for taking the time to share your initial impressions and feedback and for the pictures as well … I appreciate it :).

As you know there will be a break in and adjustment period with any new mattress that can affect how it feels for both of you (see post #3 here) so I’m also looking forward to any further updates you have the chance to share once you’ve had the chance to sleep on it for a few weeks.

Phoenix

This site has definitely helped in my quest for a new mattress. Going to give this one a try and will try to update after a while.

Hi Heebs,

I’m looking forward to your comments and feedback when you receive it and have had the chance to sleep on it as well.

Phoenix

I’ve been lurking for awhile.
Just pulled the trigger on a Tuft and Needle queen.

Thanks for all the information in this thread!

Hi tele1968,

Like the other members in this topic that have purchased it I think you are making a great quality/value choice … and congratulations on your new mattress :slight_smile:

I’m also looking forward to any feedback you have the chance to share when you’ve received it and tried it out for a bit.

Phoenix

Hey guys! Thanks for all the informative updates - it’s been really helpful so far.

I’ve narrowed down my search to this tuft & needle queen and the ultimate dreams latex mattress - I am wondering if you guys can give me some pointers on how to decide between the two as I can’t exactly try them out.

Also, what sort of foundation have you guys bought for this mattress?

Also , are you guys ordering off of amazon or directly from their website to get faster shipping / discounts?

Thanks in advance!

I don’t have any pointers about the ultimate dreams latex mattress, but as far as the foundation and ordering:

I am using a Queen IKEA MALM low bed frame with Luroy slatted base (there is also the Lonset base, but I read that it takes hours to put together, so I opted for the easier build :blush: ). I live-chatted with a rep at Tuft & Needle to verify that the mattress would be okay with this particular frame and base. I like the idea of the slatted base to allow for airflow under the mattress, even though it’s very low to the ground:

As for ordering, I went with Tuft & Needle directly primarily for the longer sleep trial period, but the Mattress Underground discount didn’t hurt, either :woohoo:

Hope this helps!