The 10 in. Tuft & Needle Diary

Phoenix,

I’m glad I finally ran across your website in my research for a new mattress. Been wanting a firm and budget friendly mattress and didn’t know about the Tuft & Needle until I came here. Going to place the order tonight and will test it out for a few weeks. Thank you for your time and the objective website!

Hi wellrested,

I’m glad the site could help you … and congratulations on your new mattress as well :slight_smile:

Phoenix

This forum was quite informative on choosing Tuft & Needle. Their return policy is especially intriguing - the idea of donating to charity and getting a full refund if things don’t work out is pretty amazing. Can’t wait for my family to try it out. If things go well, we’ll pick up a second one as well.

Hi RobotsRock,

I’m glad the information here could help you.

As you probably know from your reading here most of the “new breed” of simplified choice mattresses have a great trial period and return/donation/refund policy which allows you to test their mattress in your bedroom instead of a showroom with little to no risk outside of the time you spend sleeping on it or in the worst case returning/donating it for a refund.

Congratulations on your new mattress as well :slight_smile:

I’m also looking forward to finding out how you like it once you’ve received it and have had the chance to try it out.

Phoenix

Been lurking here a bit, however that Amex deal on this mattress pushes me over. Going to order a king one this week, thanks for all the solid reviews and discussion!

Hi thejunker,

The Amex deal (see this topic) certainly adds to the “value” of the mattress.

I’m also looking forward to your feedback once you’ve received it and have had the chance to try it out.

Phoenix

I’ve been trying to decide of whether to purchase this mattress or the Leesa. I was leaning towards the Leesa more, but with the discount here and the fact there would be not tax with T&N compared to Leesa make this a much cheaper option. And I know this mattress is quality as well, with the same return policy. Just a hard decision to make…

Hi TBaughman84,

There is more about the 3 most important parts of “value” of a mattress purchase in post #13 here which can help you make more meaningful quality/value comparisons between mattresses in terms of suitability (how well you will sleep), durability (how long you will sleep well), and the overall value of a mattress compared to your other finalists based on suitability, durability, and all the other parts of your personal value equation that are most important to you (including the price or course and the options you have available after a purchase).

There is also more information about both the Tuft & Needle and Leesa (and some of the other simplified choice mattresses) in post #2 here of the simplified choice mattress topic that may be helpful. Forum searches on Leesa and Tuft Needle (you can just click the links) will also bring up more comments and feedback about both of them as well.

Phoenix

I’m pretty impressed by that approach as well. Not having to go through the hassle of return shipping is a huge advantage and makes a T&N purchase as close to no risk as it gets. Been doing my research and pretty impressed with the value for price.

Hi optoutacct123,

Phoenix

Thanks again for this thread. It was very informative. Considering you spend 1/3rd of your life in bed, this is one of the most important decisions you can make!

Hi eastsacg,

Assuming that you have purchased the Tuft & Needle mattress … congratulations on your new mattress as well :slight_smile:

Phoenix

Phoenix, what do you think of these sort of offgassing test videos?

His device measures some pretty high numbers, but he doesn’t really quantify the actual harm of these numbers.

Hi Tetril,

You can see my comments about his “testing” in this topic.

Phoenix

Thanks for the insight! His follow up pretty much shows how poor his initial testings were: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X5XvCE3tS8g

I just ordered one. Will report back after I try it!

Hi tarq476,

Congratulations on your new mattress :slight_smile:

You certainly made a good quality/value choice but I would make sure that you read post #1 here just in case the TMU discount was an important part of your purchase decision (although there may be a short period of time where they will honor the discount for those that weren’t aware that they are no longer a member here).

I’m looking forward to your comments and feedback once you’ve received it and have had the chance to try it out.

Phoenix

Checking in after about 90 days on the 10in. Tuft&Needle mattress. Glad I found this site during my research, they were quick to apply the discount to the purchase. With my past mattress (admittedly, it was past it’s time), I constantly woke up with low back pain and it took quite some time to find a suitable mattress. Reading through the side articles around this site really helped. While this mattress isn’t perfect (there may be no such thing) I wake up rested with no back pain. It does what I want at a reasonable price, I hope it lasts many years to come despite being labeled a “futon” mattress.

Hi Heebs,

Thanks for taking the time to share an update about your experience with your Tuft & Needle mattress … I appreciate it.

It’s good to hear that your choice worked out well for you and since your mattress uses good quality materials it would be reasonable to expect that you will be sleeping well for many more years.

I’m not so sure that I would call it a futon mattress though (which would be a more appropriate label for the 5" version that they used to sell).

Phoenix

Just wanted to report back that the mattresses were excellent quality. No need to wait much for chemical airing out like other foam. A bit firm compared to a pillow-top, but great for back support. Edge support was fine as well. Too bad they don’t offer the discount anymore - having that made us jump and purchase two versus one mattress.