The Best Foundations or Base for a Latex or All Foam Mattress

Hi hipzilla,

Your bed is clearly designed for use with a bunkie board or a foundation on top of the cross beams and not meant for use directly under a mattress (you can see from the pictures as well that the mattress has a foundation underneath it). I’m not sure if you purchased the total latex mattress (in which case a foundation with gaps that are no more than 3" apart and preferably less would be best) or if your mattress is one of their hybrids with polyfoam in the base layers (in which case slightly larger gaps or a wire grid foundation would be fine) but you would need a foundation or bunkie board either way.

Unfortunately they don’t provide any details about the details of the support surface or construction so it’s hard to tell if this would be suitable for your mattress. There are a couple of slatted bunkie board options in post #2 here (one is a higher cost and quality organic version and with the other I would want to confirm the distance between the slats).

I don’t know the difference between the foundations outside of the appearance and externals and some of the extra features mentioned here in the more costly Triton foundations but the basic Triton foundation would be fine if your mattress has a polyfoam base layer. The Serta Stabl Base and the Sealy Shock Abbzorber base would also work fine and can be found in many stores. There is also a 5.5" KD foundation with gaps less than 3" apart and an organic cotton cover here.

Phoenix