The Best Foundations or Base for a Latex or All Foam Mattress

Hi Walkin,

The idea of the cloth is because of my own personal concern (and other latex manufacturers I have talked with as well) that latex is very flexible and can easily sink into the gaps in the support surface and because the wire grid types of foundations don’t have as much support surface as a slatted foundation and over time the wires could impress into the latex and break it down more quickly. The type of cloth wouldn’t matter as much as the idea that a tight cloth could help to provide a more evenly supportive surface. You can read a little more about wire grid foundations and my thoughts about them in post #10 here. If I was to use one of these foundation under an all latex mattress I would personally tend to use a very firm layer of polyfoam or the bed rug I linked over the foundation.

If the gaps in the foundation are close to 3" then a firm layer of polyfoam or the bed rug could also provide a more even support surface as well that may be a lower cost option than buying a new foundation.

The mattresses.net foundation has gaps less than 3" and I would personally choose a foundation like this vs any wire grid foundation for an all latex mattress.

Phoenix