The Best Foundations or Base for a Latex or All Foam Mattress

Hi noam,

I don’t have any personal experience with it but the BB Super Duty High Rise Platform frame appears to be stronger and more stable and has a higher weight capacity than many of the other wire grid platform beds and it’s likely that there would be less issues with welds breaking or the frame or legs bending. The thicker wires would also provide a little more surface area to support the mattress and it has more cross wires that are also thicker as well but all the wire grid platform beds have larger spaces and less support surface area than slatted foundations which may allow the mattress to sink into the gaps over longer periods of time (see post #10 here).

As you mentioned most of them that I’ve seen also appear to have some percentage of customers that report squeaking issues that may be difficult to locate and solve although it may be possible to fix the squeak either by re-tightening any bolts or adding a washer or by lubricating any metal on metal contact points that are squeaking (including the angled braces).

Overall I think it would make a reasonable lower budget choice for a mattress like the BME that has a firmer polyfoam base although I wouldn’t use it with a mattress that has a latex base layer.

Phoenix