THE CHRISTELI MATTRESS COMPANY

I have a friend interested in the purchase of a mattress from Christeli but is concerned with their new non-return policy. I have read their policy but felt it might be better to hear from people who have dealt with Christeli. Has anyone purchased from them and what has been their experience.? Any help will be appreciated. My friend has a limited income and now health issues so this is very important for him. He has 3 mattresses in mind and is not concerned about them since he is satisfied they will meet his needs, but how easy Christeli is to deal with…

Hi cinn,

I switched your post to your previous topic about Christeli. This was the fifth topic about Christeli you have started and it’s generally simpler and easier to follow and refer to previous replies if you add any additional posts about the same subject in your existing topic rather than starting a new one each time.

While nobody can speak to whether a mattress will be a good “match” for someone else in terms of comfort, firmness, and PPP (Posture and alignment, Pressure relief, and your own Personal preferences) … Christeli uses good quality materials in all their mattresses and there are no lower quality materials that would be a weak link or that would compromise the durability or useful life of their mattresses that would be a cause for any concern.

When you can’t test a mattress in person then the most reliable source of guidance is always a more detailed phone conversation with a knowledgeable and experienced retailer or manufacturer that has your best interests at heart and who can help “talk you through” the specifics of their mattresses and the properties and “feel” of the materials they are using (fast or slow response, resilience, firmness etc) and the options they have available that may be the best “match” for you based on the information you provide them, any local testing you have done or mattresses you have slept on and liked or other mattresses you are considering that they are familiar with, and the “averages” of other customers that are similar to you. They will know more about “matching” their specific mattress designs and firmness levels to different body types, sleeping positions, and preferences (or to other mattresses that they are familiar with) than anyone else and their guidance will give you the best chance of success.

As you probably know they have made several changes to their return/exchange policies over time (see my earlier reply to you in post #4 here) but at the moment I believe they have a 50 day exchange only policy. With an online mattress that you can’t test in person before a purchase the options you have available after a purchase can be a more important part of the “value” of a mattress and it’s always a good idea to ask yourself “what options do I have available if I don’t sleep well on the mattress I choose?” because this is always a possibility. The cost of any return/exchange policy is also a hidden cost that is built in to the price of a mattress and the people that don’t return or exchange a mattress are the ones that pay for the ones that do.

Return and exchange policies are part of risk management and how important a return policy may be for any specific person will depend on the person and on the level of risk they are comfortable with. While they do offer the option to exchange the mattress for a firmer or softer version if your initial choice doesn’t turn out to be a suitable choice in terms of comfort, firmness, and PPP … the lack of a return/refund policy would increase the risk if your first choice and an exchange mattress both weren’t a suitable choice in spite of the “best efforts” of everyone involved. The risk of having an exchange policy would be less than the risk involved in having no exchange/return policy at all and the risk of having a return/refund policy would be less than the risk involved if you were only able to exchange a mattress. The risk would also depend on whether someone is closer to the “I can sleep on anything” than the “princess and the pea” end of the range. Their return policy also requires you to roll up their mattress before you return it which is realistically a two person job that may be difficult for some people.

In the end … the level of risk that someone may be comfortable with in a mattress purchase is something that only each person can assess and decide for themselves.

Hopefully some of the members here that have purchased a mattress from Christeli will see your post and share their comments and feedback but in the meantime a forum search on Christeli (you can just click the link) will bring up hundreds of forum posts that mention them.

Phoenix