The "noodle" question

I’ve looked at the Cozy Pure website, the La Noodle is a source of curiosity for me - having read the description posted - Phoenix. Then I discovered Churchill and Smith, they use kapok with these “noodly” things - I was able to get my hands on this item and it was lovely. Then after all the consideration and discussion regarding Dunlop vs Talalay, I figured these are what’s left after a Talalay pour, these are essentially the ‘donut holes’ - as Dunlop is made in a different way.
Please correct me if I am wrong - but I noticed nobody says this specifically, it left me to make my own deductions.

Hi SallyS,

Talalay and molded Dunlop are both made in molds with pincores and the liquid latex flows around the pincores when it’s poured into the mold so there are no “pieces” left that used to be part of a solid layer.

The only time you would have holes “punched out” from a solid layer after the latex is cured would be with some types of continuous pour processes where the layers are made very thin (usually up to 3") which don’t need the pincores to carry heat (usually steam) to the inside of the latex core to cure it. There are some videos that show the Talalay and the molded Dunlop process in post #3 here.

Phoenix

Where do those little ‘noodles’ come from? The continuous pour Talalay?
Nobody says what they are, other than latex -

Hi SallyS,

My guess is that they are made from solid 100% natural Dunlop because there aren’t any continuous pour 100% natural Dunlop cores that are “punched” as far as I know. There also aren’t any continuous pour versions of Talalay (they are all made in a mold).

Phoenix

The Noodles are, indeed, the punched out part from the Dunlop mattress layers with the holes in them. See my post below. At the CozyPure factory they have the noodles in jars so you can see what they are. After 21 months our LaNoodle toppers and pillows are like new.
https://forum.mattressunderground.com/t/richmond-virginia-mattresses-and-cozypure

Hi TDIHoo,

Now you’ve gone and created somewhat of a mystery :).

The topper in the picture is made from a Latexco duvet mold that has pincores so this couldn’t be the source of the Lanoodles (the pincores aren’t “punched out” afterwards). The only latex I’m aware of where the pincores are punched after it’s poured and cured is the Latexco continuous pour Dunlop called Puralux which is a blended Dunlop that is available in both solid and “punched” layers.

Now I’m curious though so I’ll have to make a few calls to see if I can solve the “lanoodles” mystery (I’ve already confirmed that the Latexco Duvet mold uses pincores).

Phoenix