The Zefiro mattress (Grand Soleil foam)

“The Zefiro mattress (Grand Soleil foam)”
Has anyone heard of this mattress or anyone ever tried one? Some links below.

Hi Jones,

I don’t know about them specifically being an Italian company but you can read a bit about them here.

Their mattresses are similar to the Spaldin Mattresses (such as the tubes they used to make here) and the foam they use in their mattresses come from the same company (Metzler) which is part of the Vita group of companies which also produces Radium Talalay latex.

They manufacture foam that has among the highest plant based polyol content in the industry (see post #2 here) and they are also one of the few polyfoam manufacturers that are OekoTex certified for VOC’s and harmful substances.

There are a few companies that use “tubes” or foam cylinders in their support system which can be zoned and customized in various ways (see post #2 here) which I think can be a flexible and useful design.

Phoenix

Thanks for your help, I only came across this product when looking for a latex mattress. The shop that I went to said they don’t have latex on display anymore and these were the new replacements. I was told that some people were bringing back the latex and complaining they were to hot and these were better. I was shopping for latex because it is long lasting, tried and tested. This product is a bit new for me and I cant find any reviews so I think I will stick to the Latex search.

Hi Jones,

You could get a good idea of the quality of the mattress or whether it has any obvious weak links if they provide you with the density of the foam layers but it is still polyfoam which of course is a very different (and generally less durable) material than latex.

Many retailers will tell you a “negative story” about mattresses they no longer carry to increase the chance that you will buy from them.

Phoenix