Therapedic Eco Gel Specs

Hello,

I got to try this mattress out today a Therapedic Eco Gel sapphire and really like it i have posted the specs below would this be a good purchase or are there any “weak links” here. I also posted this in a follow up thread but i thought it would be appropriate for it to have its own thread if not i apologize and please delete it anyways specs as follow:

Fabric - Stretch EcoGel with zippered cover
FR - FR sock around foam core
Quilting - Smooth top
Foundation - Upholestery quality laminated border
Warranty - 10 year non prorated
Core/Upholstery - 2 inch Talalay Latex
2 inch Layer of Eco-based Gel memory foam
1 Layer Dyna Flow cooling fabric
2 inch - 5# Hi support memory foam
1 inch FT18200 2.0 Density 18 IFD Latex enhanced foam
6 inch - 1.8 high density foam

Also this will be a king bed i weight 210 pounds at 5"11 and my wife is about 135 pounds

Thanks so much!

Hi viper,

I switched your posts in the other topic and my reply to this topic so they will all be in one place.

Phoenix

Phoenix,

We went back last night and the wife really liked this mattress as well so we are probaly going to end up going with it. My only other concern is that i will be hot when sleeping, based on the specs do you think this will be an issue? And is there anything else you can think of/recommend like accessories that i should purchase?

Thanks for all the help!

Hi viper20,

There is more about the many variables that can affect sleeping temperature in post #2 here and while it’s not really possible to know this on an individual level because it depends so much on the temperature sensitivity and physiology of the person themselves … with the Talalay latex on top and the overall design of the mattress I don’t think that most people would have any temperature issues with this mattress no.

You will need a support system under the mattress (a bedframe and foundation or a platform bed) and the foundation post here has more information about the different types of support systems that generally work best for different types of mattresses.

You will also need a mattress protector and there is more information in post #89 here about the different types that are available and some of the tradeoffs that are involved with each type.

Phoenix

Phoenix,

Thanks once again for all of your help and for putting this great site together!

Hi viper20,

You’re very welcome … and I’m looking forward to finding out what you end up deciding once you make your final decision.

Phoenix

Hey Phoenix,

Just wanted to give an update i ended up making the 2 hour trip to Magic Sleeper in Pottstown on Saturday with my wife. We have decided to order the above mattress from them. John and Christina are great, answered all my questions and were very professional and much more knowledgable then any of the other stores in my area. Now i cant wait for it to arrive!

Thanks

Hi viper20,

Thanks for the update … and for letting us know what you decided to purchase.

As you know … I also think highly of John and Christina and it sounds like you did some good research and made a great choice. I’m also looking forward to your feedback when you receive it.

Congratulations on your new mattress :slight_smile:

Phoenix