Thinking of purchasing online - crazy??

Wow, what a site! We had our minds made up that we were going to purchase a Telluride from Denver Mattress and then I found this site. Now I don’t know what the hell to do :unsure: Thank you for the incredible amount of information, it has only confirmed that I have been approaching mattress shopping completely wrong. Since we live in an area (Montana) that does not have many choices other than the standard name brands from chain stores I am now considering taking a leap of faith and just ordering from one of your members. Am I crazy? I realize you should at least lay on a mattress before you buy - even though the 15 minutes in the store with my wild kids and a salesperson staring at me doesn’t really give me a true “feel”. So, I am looking for opinions and feedback on the three from Arizona, any and all information would be appreciated. We currently sleep in a memory foam hammock - after 10 years there are valleys and my hips and lower back are starting to feel like they need to be replaced. The mattress served us well for about 8 years and now not so well. I have no idea what layers to request in a latex mattress?? but I think I would like to try one. Thanks in advance

CJ

Hi Buhl,

I don’t think you’re crazy at all and it would really depend on how any of the online mattresses you were considering compared to any of your local “finalists” in terms of your personal value equation and on the customizing, exchange, and return policies that can lower the risk of an online purchase compared to a mattress you can test in person. There is more about how an online purchase may “fit in” to your mattress research in the tutorial post here which also has all the basic information, steps, and guidelines you will need to make the best possible choices.

There are hundreds of forum members that have made well researched and successful online mattress purchases.

I’m not sure where you live in Montana but post #5 here and post #4 here may also be useful if any of the options or possibilities are within reasonable driving distance.

Phoenix