Thinking on 4 possibles now (Select Foam/Brooklyn Bedding/Restava)

Ok, so as I sit around and look at the different sites and re-visit and re-examine all the specs since I can’t physically test any of these I wanted to throw out my new narrowed-down list and see if anyone has opinions or experience with any of these.

(Yeah, I know, I waffle and re-assess way too much!) :blush:

So far we have been out and tested almost the entire TempurPedic line to see what felt like the best fit for us so we have a baseline to compare against. Consensus came in as the TempurPedic Rhapsody Breeze. We liked it a little better than the Cloud Supreme and standard Rhapsody, and she sleeps very hot naturally so extra cooling is definitely a bonus.

That being said, I’ve gone and looked at who has mattresses that they claim should sleep very similar to the Rhapsody Breeze, and I’ve tried to stick with models that offer gel memory foam as well which should be cooler sleeping.

Here’s the current list:

TempurPedic Rhapsody Breeze

• 12" mattress
  • CoolMax cover - removable & washable
  • 1.2" 7.2# Tempur-HD Breeze memory foam
  • 2.8" 4# Tempur-Climate memory foam
  • 8" 1.5# dual core support foam

Select Foam Regalis HD

• 12" mattress
  • CoolMax cover - removable & washable
  • 1.5" 7.2# Select-HD Soy Gel memory foam
  • 2.5" 5.3# Select Soy Gel memory foam
  • 8" support foam

Brooklyn Bedding PureCool Symphony

• 12" mattress
  • 4-way stretch cotton cover
  • 1.5" 5.3# PureCool Gel memory foam
  • 2.5" 4# memory foam
  • 8" 2.17# HD support foam

Restava Delano Gel

• 14" mattress
  • luxury cover w/spandex
  • 2" 5.3# CoolComfort Gel memory foam
  • 3" 5.3# CoolComfort Gel memory foam
  • 6" 2.5lb PostureTouch support foam
  • 3" Posturetouch XF support foam

Restava Astoria Gel

• 14" mattress
  • luxury cover w/spandex
  • 2" 5.3# CoolComfort Gel memory foam
  • 4" 5.3# CoolComfort Gel memory foam
  • 6" 2.5lb PostureTouch support foam
  • 2" Posturetouch XF support foam

There are tons of threads on the Regalis HD, but the rest seem to be harder to find info on people’s experiences.

Hi Osahar,

It certainly looks like you’ve done your homework and the mattresses on your final list are all good quality/value choices and you are comparing between “good and good”. There are a few specs missing from your descriptions (and the Tempurpedic specs may not be exactly accurate because they could have changed since they were making their specs more publicly available) but these are all in the base layers and are easily available from the other manufacturers in your conversations with them. None of the “missing” specs would have a significant effect on quality or durability (they will all be good quality materials).

Now comes the most difficult part which is making a final choice … but it’s great when you are in a position where you can’t really make a mistake in terms of quality/value.

I know when I was down to my final list it took me several weeks to choose between them and I kept switching back and forth from one to the other … so I do understand the challenge involved when you are down to such good choices. Post #9 here has more about the different ways that one mattress can “match” another one that you may find useful as a reference (or as part of your discussions with each one) and post #2 here has more about making final choices that you may also find helpful … especially when there are no clear “winners” between them.

I’m looking forward to finding out what you end up choosing :slight_smile:

Phoenix

I’m also looking at Restava. Would like to know what you end up with.

I just recently bought a mattress from Restava, and I can tell you that their customer service is excellent. I dont know if you have spoken to anyone there yet, but they will answer any ??'s you have. I spoke to Patricia, and she was very helpful.
As for the mattress, I have been sleeping on it for 2 wks now, and really like. It was compared to the tempur Weightless Supreme. I would say it is very close. I got the Westin… I wanted a bed that did not sink in too much, but was not too firm. So far, it has been great, My wife likes it too, which is a bonus.

No decisions yet. I might actually make the trek down to Miami to try out the SF mattresses in person at their Brickell showroom.