this foundation with Naturepedic Trilux

Hey MU- I’ve appreciated your help in my long journey to buy a bed!

Got a COVID check and so
supported small business buying a Naturepedic Trilux 10-inch all latex mattress. It arrives this month!

I wish there were old data bases online as I try to figure out if we can use our old frame and foundation with this or not!

We have a 7-8 year old Sealy foundation that sits on top of sturdy solid metal frame w/ wheels.

In reading your “best foundations” info - it feels like (covered with material) we may have a wire grid foundation.

The Sealy model number is: 601997
manufactured 08/2013 (Paterson, NJ)
Foundation ID: 121
Prototype ID: PA34

Do you think that sounds ok for this bed? It’s not the top recommendations you have.
thanks!

Hi Zana.

Congratulations on your mattress purchase! :slight_smile: I am glad to hear that our resources and The Mattress Underground were able to help you choose a mattress.

It sounds like you’ve already encountered our topic thread all about the best foundation for an all latex mattress which you can re-visit here.

As you’ve already learned, a foam mattress will need a strong and evenly supportive base (suitable for the materials used in the mattress).

Normally a slatted wood base with solid slats that are no more than 3" apart (or preferably less) is best for latex. A metal wire grid base with a non-flexing or “semi-flex” wire grid with narrow gaps and a strong fabric on top to even out the support surface (to help prevent the latex from sinking into the gaps in the wire grid surface over the longer term) can also work well but over the longer term may allow the latex to sag into the gaps between the wires.

Because warranty requirements can vary from manufacturer to manufacturer, I always suggest checking with the manufacturer of the mattress to make sure that the metal frame you own meets their warranty criteria (or read the warranty)

Phoenix

Can you say what you mean by “over the longer term”? Are you thinking after one year or 10 it sags into springs?
I’m wondering if turning the latex mattress would solve that issue of latex sagging?

Another question in case I shouldn’t keep this:
Do you have a discussion on recommend slatted wood bases?
thanks!

Hi Zana.

We have this forum topic that discusses the best foundations for latex beds.

Sagging may occur over time, but how much time is impossible to say because it’s rather dependent on your BMI, activities on the mattress, the foundation itself, etc.

I hope that forum topic above is useful in answering questions you may have!

NikkiTMU