Thoughts on these choices

So I have narrowed my selection of mattresses down to these choices. All of these provide a feel that my wife and I both enjoy. We plan on using the mattress on a Reverie D5 adjustable, so we will order 2 Twin XL mattresses. And, I believe, they all offer a quality product with no weak links. There is a slight price difference between these choices, so my question is would any of these options

1. provide more support, based on their construction, than the other?
    I sleep on my side, back and occasionally on my stomach. My wife sleeps mostly on her side and sometimes on her back.

2. Will they all last at least 7-10 years, again based on the materials and construction?

3. Do any of these offer a particular value when comparing the materials being used?

So, I am interested in your opinions. If you were choosing between these options, which would you choose, and why?

In no particular order:

Dreamfoam 13" Ultimate Dreams Gel Memory Foam Mattress - About $1,000

3" 4lb gel memory foam comfort layer
2.5" memory foam support layer
8" 1.8lb HD polyfoam core layer

Beloit Mattress - 3 beds here we like the feel of

2285 Coil Easy Rest Supreme about $1,500

968 Coil Bolsa® Pocketed Coil Spring System with Quantum® Edge Steel Perimeter
1 ½ ounce non-woven cloth
2.4 inch 1353 coil softech® coil system
ÂĽ inch 1.8 pound density center 1/3 foam pad
1 inch 24 ILD Talalay Latex pad
.875 inch 1.5 pound density foam, .6 ounce cotton rayon fiber blend, & 1.75 ounces of pure Joma Wool quilted to a Organic Cotton cover

Easy Rest Cloud Hybrid - about $1,400

968 Bolsa® Comfort Core ™ Spring System with Quantum® Edge Steel Perimeter
ÂĽ inch of 1.8 pound density foam in the center 1/3
2 inch 14 ILD Talalay Latex
1 inch G-Flex™ gel infused foam
Uniquely tailored smooth Airtex™ cover

Somnigel Azure - about $1,700

ADMIN NOTE: Removed 404 page link | Archived Footprint: beloitmattress.com/product/somnigel-azure/

968 Bolsa® Comfort Core™ Spring System with Quantum® Edge Steel Perimeter.
.25 inch 18028 Center 1/3 pad
1 inch of 4 pound G-Flex gel foam
1.125 inch SomniGel
.6 ounce cotton/rayon blend, and 1.75 ounces of Pure Joma Wool quilted to an luxurious stretch knit cover

So these mattresses offer a price span from $1,000 to about $1,700. One is an online store the other options are from a local store. Essentially, I am curious if any one offer a particular value considering the materials being used to the price. The beloit mattress options seem to rely on the pocketed coils with thinner comfort layers. Again, I am not asking you which offers a better feel as that is something only we can answer. I look forward to everyone’s feedback and appreciate this forums help.

Once I make a purchase I will be sure to offer you feedback.

Jeff

Hi jholt26,

[quote]1. provide more support, based on their construction, than the other?
I sleep on my side, back and occasionally on my stomach. My wife sleeps mostly on her side and sometimes on her back.[/quote]

The first “rule” of mattress shopping is to always remember that you are the only one that can feel what you feel on a mattress and there are too many unknowns, variables, and personal preferences involved that are unique to each person to use a formula or for anyone to be able to predict or make a specific suggestion or recommendation about which mattress or combination of materials and components or which type of mattress would be the best “match” for you in terms of “comfort” or PPP (Posture and alignment, Pressure relief, and Personal preferences) or how a mattress will “feel” to you or compare to another mattress based on specs (either yours or a mattress) or “theory at a distance” that can possibly be more accurate than your own careful testing (hopefully using the testing guidelines in step 4 of the tutorial) or if you can’t test a mattress in person then your own personal sleeping experience (see mattress firmness/comfort levels in post #2 here).

“Support” is often misunderstood and many people believe incorrectly that “firmer is better” or “more supportive” when the real goal is to keep the spine in good alignment and this requires the type of contouring support that allows some parts of the body to sink in more and some parts of the body to sink in less and this will vary on an individual basis. There is more about primary or “deep” support and secondary or “surface” support and their relationship to firmness and pressure relief and the “roles” of different layers in a mattress in post #2 here and in post #4 here that may also be helpful in clarifying the difference between “support/alignment” and “comfort/pressure relief” and “feel” and how they interact together.

All of the mattresses you listed meet the quality/durability guidelines here so it would be reasonable that any of them would last 7 - 10 years yes (unless you are in a higher weight range that is more than the lower 200’s or so)

There is also more about the 3 most important parts of the “value” of a mattress purchase in post #13 here which can help you make more meaningful quality/value comparisons between mattresses in terms of suitability (how well you will sleep), durability (how long you will sleep well), and the overall value of a mattress compared to your other finalists based on suitability, durability, and all the other parts of your personal value equation that are most important to you (including the price of course and the options you have available after a purchase to fine tune the mattress or the exchange return options that are available to you).

Phoenix