TMU Exciting changes coming in 2018

Exciting changes coming in 2018
:slight_smile:
The Mattress Underground (TMU) is making a major improvement to its website design. We have created and will be continually expanding the new Talk to the Experts Forum, a unique design feature that provides consumer members with direct access to our TMU Trusted Expert Members through TMU. While we are in transition, there will not be new independent thread topics created.

Although it’s a work-in-progress, you can connect with any of the Expert Members on TMU as they are set up and functional on the Talk to the Experts.
When you reply to any Expert Member articles or blog posts, a new thread will be created and a new topic added on our forum. TMU Expert Members will be happily assisting you in addition to Phoenix.

More to come in the next few days.
Happy 2018!

Happy New Year Phoenix,

I am still( very) happily sleeping on my SOL component DIY mattress. I am looking to do some fine tuning, and naturally came here! After reading you will be making new changes, I want to congratulate and thank you! I am looking forward to the changes, and seeing whats in store! (my questions will come later) : )

Take care! Sleepyone

Hi Sleepytime1.

Thank you !
I am glad to hear that you are still sleeping well on your mattress and I am sure that Sleep On Latex will be happy to assist you with any fine tuning :slight_smile:

Phoenix

I can’t figure where to ask my question…so I hope here is ok. For the past 2 years we have been sleeping on latex toppers cut to cuatom sizes and in covers from sleep on latex. 4in tall…We have moved and our 4in matts are now on cement floors and my old mama hips are killing me. I originally went with this setup because I wanted non toxic and it was what we could afford. So…I was looking at building a real mattress (not just a topper on the floor :confused: ) I was debating between a pocket coil core ir latex core. It was all too overwhelming so I ordered a mattress from latex for less. Now that I doing do research Im not sure this was the best move. Do you know anything about latex for less mattresses? We ordered the 9in mattress.

H Countrymama.

Welcome to our Mattress Forum! :slight_smile:

Latex For Less has been discussed previously here on the forum . They changed now their phone number and address for Latex For Less used to be the same as listed for The Natural Latex Company, and also the same as for Plush Beds . The former two seem to be names used for online channels of selling the product at places like Home Depot, WalMart, etc.

While they don’t list the exact specifications and ILDs on the multiple online channels in which this product is offered, there wouldn’t be a weak link in this flippable mattress. It has two firmness choices (medium and firm) and is using good material, but the suppliers for the latex are not listed, as well as no safety certifications for the latex or a copy of the GOTS certificate for the cotton.

Phoenix

From what I’ve read the latex used in the Latex For Less mattress is sourced from Arpico Latex in Sri Lanka.

Thank you for your reply. The company still has not even shipped the mattress and cuatomer service is hard to get ahold of. The mattress should have been arriving no later than the 4th of April but it ia yet to ship. If I ever get it I will let you know my thoughts on it. I was just a little concerned that it wouldn’t be as good as a diy mattress that has a core then extra ontop of the core.

Hi Countrymama.

Waiting for the mattress to arrive can be hard but hopefully, it will not take too long to be shipped now. I look forward to your updates once you receive your new mattress and once you’ve had the chance to sleep on it for a while.

Phoenix

Note to Sweet Dreams: Yes, you are correct, I remember now that Sri Lanka is also noted somewhere on LFL website. Thanks for your contribution.