To Phoenix: Bought a Tempurpedic, big mistake for me!

Hi Phoenix! Thank you a million times over for thiis forum! I have a very bad back x many years…I have always slept on Latex and have never had any problems…so this will be hard for most people to understand. My latex mattress served me well for at least 15 years, it was time for replacement. The day I went shopping I should have been restrained! It was a very bad day for me! I have other problems besides back problems, one of them being sleep apnea and I had not slept for several nights before and my back was really huring me. I go to the nearest chain store and the guy askes me what I am looking for and I say latex…“Oh we don’t carry latex but I have a very good Tempurpedic that you will just love”. “Have you ever tried Tempurpedic?” No, I say. Well long story short I wind up buying a very expensive Cloud Lux. I slept on it for a week and I could hardly walk the pain was so bad!!! Now to the fine print that I did not read when I bought…too desperate, too tired! Oh you can reurn it, but for a $300 restock fee, NO REFUNDS. I wound up changing it for 2 Tempurpedic Weightless Selects… Well this mattress took about 3 weeks before it started hurting me. So now I have another mattress( Ca split) so two mattresses that I cannot use and I really cannot return them because they do not sell latex mattresses!! So now I am out $3000.00…with two new mattress that I cannot return! I guess I will have to donate them and just take the loss.

My question to you is: I live in Ca. and was wondering if your member retailers are reliable dealers that you personally recommend. I was looking online at the retailer in Covina (as that is the closest to me). Since I know what works for me I could probably do the deal on the phone. Latex, not too soft and not too firm, thats it! I have an adjustable base that is 38" wide x 84" long (a split) so would need just one mattress for one side custom made. I kept one side of the old set because it was not that old (my ex-husband’s side, firm) and is what I am using now because of the pain from the Tempurpedic. I might add, I live alone so one side of the Tempurpedic has never even been slept on. This whole deal has been so stressful for me that the thought of loosing all that money is keeping me awake just adding to the pain! Sleep is so important though…I have to get this resolved ASAP!

Thanks for reading this phoenix…any help you can give me will be very much appreciated!

jwerlry :blush:

This companyy sells latex mattress in Anaheim. They have a showroom with mattresses set up with different firmness levels.
https://www.foamsweetfoam.com/

Hi jwerley,

I’m sorry to hear about your unfortunate story and I wish that these types of stories were less common than they were.

It may be worth trying to sell them locally on Craigs List because there are always people looking for “good deals” on a lightly used Tempurpedic mattress and this may help reduce your losses.

Yes … I do think highly of and recommend them and I believe they are all among the best of the best in the country.

Of course there are also other high quality and value choices across the country and jet757f’s suggestion is also a very good one and I also think very highly of FWF as well (and they are certainly in the same quality/value range as the members here).

There are many different types and designs of latex mattresses and all the components and layers will affect every other layer in sometimes unpredictable ways so whenever possible I would suggest local testing which is more accurate in terms of PPP (Posture and alignment, Pressure relief, and Personal preferences) than general specs. Of course if there are also fine tuning options available after a purchase (whether with a local choice or an online choice) then this would reduce the risk of a purchase that you hadn’t tested first.

Phoenix

Thank you Phoenix and Jet for your helpful suggestions…I will definately deal with a highly rated latex mattress company who makes custom mattresses and will make comfort changes to your mattress if needed. A lesson hard learned! If I cannot sell the Tempurpedic mattresses I will donate them to a woman’s shelter.

jwerley

Hi jwerley,

I just bought a talalay latex mattress from electropedic which Phoenix recommended in one of his posts. They have a location in Anaheim and Burbank (where I went). They were awesome and matched a price I got from another place. So if you do your price research, it sometimes pays off :slight_smile:

http://electropedicbeds.com/

Hi vita108,

Congratulations on your new mattress :slight_smile:

@jwerley,

I should have linked this before although you’ve probably seen it but but just in case you haven’t … the list of the better options and possibilities I’m aware of in the Los Angeles area is in post #2 here.

Phoenix