too cheap for a rhapsody breeze!

The wife told me her back hurts from sleeping on a 7 year old king coil interspring mattress. We tried the tempurpedic rhapsody breeze and liked it but I will not spend $4000 on a bed. I,m 5’10" 250lbs and my wife is 5’6" 150lbs. I side sleep and she sleeps on her back. I’ve been considering the selectfoam or Christeli. Any recommendations?

Hi cbrod213,

Once you have eliminated the worst options (and both of these are good quality/value choices) I can’t tell you what to choose because that’s up to each person and their own personal value equation but there are also some additional options in the list of online memory foam providers in post #12 here which are also among the best quality/value choices available and several of them make mattresses that are comparable to the Tempurpedic Rhapsody Breeze (including the two you mentioned). There is also more about “mattress matching” in post #9 here and once you have talked with the ones you are most interested in and are down to your “finalists” there is more about making final choices in post #2 here.

There may also be some local options that are worth considering as well and if you let me know your city or zip code I’d be happy to let you know about any of the better options I’m aware of in your area.

In terms of quality and value there are no “bad” choices in the group and which one is best for you will depend on all the objective, subjective, and intangible parts of a mattress purchase that are most important to you.

Phoenix

Sorry I think I posted my meeege to to the moderators.

Hi cbrod213,

I’m not sure what you mean?

All the messages here are visible to everyone and I’m the only moderator.

Phoenix

Thank you. I’m in Michigan. 48188.

Hi cbrod213,

Some of the better options in the Ann Arbor / Detroit area I’m aware of are listed in post #2 here.

Phoenix

You’d be welcome to come visit here in Shelby Township and try out the EcoGel Blue Essence. It has been a popular product for people comparing to the Rhapsody Breeze, but that’s a general statement - everyone’s different. At least it will offer you a comparison to what you’re looking for, and the price won’t be inflated like so many memory foam brands currently on the market that are price controlled.

And just because you don’t want to spend $4000 doesn’t mean you’re cheap - you’re a savvy consumer. Nothing wrong with that.

Jeff Scheuer
Mattress To Go

Nothing wrong with being savvy :slight_smile: Cheers to that!

I just thought I would chime in and recommend another bit of wisdom that I believe deserves a ‘bump’ from time to time. I wholeheartedly believe that any memory foam mattress with a wool filled mattress protector would be less likely to overheat than any ‘cool’ memory foam mattress with a standard water proof cover/protector.

I know you did not specifically ask about this, I am just assuming on the Breeze model you looked at that it was part of what you liked about the bed. Just thought I would throw that out there.