Hi elapid95,

Post #2 here and the topper guidelines it links to have some suggestions for choosing a topper that may be helpful for you and also includes a link to the better sources I’m aware of as well.

If you are already comfortable with the firmness of your mattress I would be very cautious about adding a topper because the most effective use for a topper is if you are trying to make a mattress feel softer and add some additional pressure relief and adding too much additional softness/thickness on top of a mattress that is already a good match for you in terms of posture and alignment and pressure relief can be somewhat risky.

If you are just looking for a more resilient sleeping surface and a different “feel” I would tend to look at Talalay latex (it’s more “springy” than other types of latex) and keep the thickness to about 1" so you would have less risk of creating alignment issues with your mattress. If you find it’s not thick enough you can always add an additional inch afterwards.

Phoenix

Note Added Later: To elapid95
I got your message…No problem! I will proceed with deleting your old posts as per your request.
Phoenix