Hi elapid,

You may have read this already but just in case you haven’t post #2 here and the topper guidelines it links to has more information and suggestions that can help you use your experience on your mattress as a reference point and guideline for choosing the type, thickness, and firmness for a topper that has the best chance of success and includes a link to some of the better topper sources I’m aware of.

[quote]Sleep Master’s Gel 2 Inch Memory Foam Topper: www.amazon.com/Sleep-Master-2-Inch-Memor...cm_cr_pr_product_top

Cloud9 3.3 2 Inch Memory Foam Topper: Amazon.com

I would make sure that you know the density of any topper you are considering but it would be very rare for a topper to last you for 10 years and if it’s a very low quality/density material and/or if it’s “on the edge” of being too soft/thick for you then it may have a useful lifetime that would be measured in months or perhaps a year or two.

As you mentioned … the Sleep Master Gel topper is one of the many Zinus brands (see post #2 here)

I would be very cautious with the Cloud 9 toppers because their numbers don’t indicate density (see post #12 here).

I don’t have any personal experience with either topper.

Phoenix

Added Later:
I got your message…No problem! I will proceed with deleting your old posts as per your request.
Phoenix