Topper on Christeli mattress

Hello,
I recently purchased the Versailles mattress from Cristeli as our replacement for our aging memory foam mattress. Our previous mattress was perfect for us as we sank in and contoured perfectly as we needed and provided great support. The only problem is that we received it as a gift and know nothing about its manufacturer. After much research I was hoping the Versailles would give us something similar, but its not quite there.

It does appear to be very well made, and it is quite comfortable, but im not in love with it. My question is, do you think adding a quality topper to the 10" Versailles would be wise? Or should we return this one and go back to square one? That mattress is 6" 2lb base with 3" 5.3lb density memory foam. So I would assume the thickest topper I would get would be 2"?

Part of the issue for me is the padded cover they have on top of the memory foam, which seems to nullify that initial conforming cloud feel, and that is the main thing im missing. Would a topper still work on that surface?

Thanks ahead if time for your wisdom

Will

Hi Will,

Oh no! We’re disappointed when we hear that someone isn’t one hundred percent happy on their mattress. No worries though, we’ll make sure you’re completely happy. Please call me on Monday so we can talk, and I’ll come up with a personal solution for you. Thanks for trusting Christeli, we will not let you down.

All the best,

Vincent
Customer Experience Team
Christeli

Hi wildbeestly,

Christeli doesn’t have a return policy … only an exchange policy (you would pay any difference between the Versailles and the mattress you exchange for) so your options would either be to exchange the mattress for a different one or to add a topper.

As you mentioned the Christeli uses high quality materials so there would be no issue with durability but of course it doesn’t help if you have a long lasting mattress that isn’t comfortable for you.

I’m not clear exactly what you are hoping to change about your mattress outside of the “feel” which is very subjective and if your mattress is providing good pressure relief and you are sleeping in good alignment then I would be quite cautious about making any changes that are too much. The best use for a topper is if a mattress is too firm and you need some additional softness and pressure relief. If you add a memory foam topper then it would also change the “feel” of your mattress of course because the layers that are closest to you are the ones that you feel the most and you would be sleeping directly on the memory foam topper which would be different from the upper layers of your mattress that you are sleeping on now. A memory foam topper wouldn’t have the quilting that is in your cover and would probably have a slower response and less resilient “feel”. The risk of a topper that is too thick or soft though would be that it could compromise your alignment so the best approach for a topper is usually “just enough” in terms of thickness and softness.

If you are looking for some additional softness or pressure relief (or even using a thin topper just to change the "feel) then post #2 here and the topper guidelines it links to has more information that can help you use your sleeping experience as a reference point and guideline to help you choose the type, thickness, and firmness for a topper that has the best chance of success.

Outside of adding a topper … each of the Christeli mattresses also lists a Tempurpedic model that it’s comparable to (the Versailles for example is an approximation of the Tempurpedic Contour Supreme which is their firmest mattresses) so if you test the Tempurpedic lineup and find a specific model that works well for you then you would have a good idea and reference point for which of the Christeli mattresses would be closest to the Tempurpedic that you prefer. As they suggested in the previous reply I would certainly take the time to call and talk to them about the options that are available to you.

Phoenix